2007 Explorer Front Seat moves without warning | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer Front Seat moves without warning

kahnos

Reaction score
City, State
ny, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
98' Explorer
2007 Explorer Front Seat moves without warning when i hit a pothole, or when it feels like it.

Anyone know the fix or why ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have the seats with the memory function? It sounds like you're having trouble with the easy exit feature.

yes it has the memory function

Do the interior lights come on when it happens? Something is probably triggering the easy exit feature. Maybe the ignition lock cylinder, or the door switch. I know the ignition cylinders get loose and cause the interior lights to come on, I've had mine replaced for that. I don't use the easy exit feature so I don't know if that would have been a problem too. A quick easy way to test is to push the ignition key in toward the steering column while it's running and see if the lights come on or if the seat moves.

yes, the interior lights come on. is there a way to turn off the easy exit feature ?

You can turn it off in the setup menu, but the lights will keep coming on.

ok, thank you...hopefully it will stop the seat from moving while im driving

You're welcome. I found the moving seat annoying when it works the way it's supposed to, I couldn't imagine moving while I'm driving.

yeah its quite dangerous...shook me up first time it happened

I had this happen recently driving on a bad section of the Jersey Turnpike and in New York City. What I found was that the bumps in the bad road plus the weight of the many keys on my key ring was making the ignition key move up and down and around just enough that the sensor thought the key was removed momentarily, and it turned the easy-out feature on and off, sending the driver seat backward and forward. (Makes it even more exciting in traffic to have the pedals and steering wheel recede).

Solution: don't drive in NYC and Jersey with a lot of keys on the key ring.

Back