2007 Explorer Stuck in park. Recurring Problem! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer Stuck in park. Recurring Problem!

Silverbullet05

Reaction score
City, State
wausau wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer limited
I bought this Explorer to tow a small camper & it does it well. This is my second Explorer. Previously I had a 1995.

Problem I'm having with it is it keeps getting stuck in park & the lever won't go in to release it. First off I changed the small sensor along side of the shift lever & it worked fine for a while. Then the problem started again so I replaced the brake pedal sensor. All was good again for a while. Now the problem has started again.

Oddly enough if I use the truck say every other day I usually can get it to work after a few tries and once dine its good for the day I was on vacation for a week and had a really hard time getting it out!

I don't use the truck daily in the summer months as I use my motorcycles & my wife uses the car. Want to save the miles for towing the camper. Its a Limited 4.6l V8 with Tow Package.
Thanks in advance!
Lou

I've already replaced that, along with the brake pedal switch/sensor and I'm still having problems. :-(

Clean and lubricate the linkage.

Back