2007 Explorer tow mirrors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer tow mirrors

I am looking at CIPA mirrors but can not find any that will match my truck. 2007 F150 etc. are listed and even Expedition, but nothing about Explorer.
I am looking at the 1180 model. It looks like it will fit, but I thought I would ask in case someone here has them or knows for sure.

Thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am looking at CIPA mirrors but can not find any that will match my truck. 2007 F150 etc. are listed and even Expedition, but nothing about Explorer.
I am looking at the 1180 model. It looks like it will fit, but I thought I would ask in case someone here has them or knows for sure.

Thanks,

AFAIK, there were never any towing mirros made for the explorer. Mckesh (sp?) makes some universal mirrors that I've read are well worth the cost.

I tried some universal cheap strap on mirrors that vibrated so badly in the wind, that I coudn't see anything, we returned them.

AFAIK, there were never any towing mirros made for the explorer. Mckesh (sp?) makes some universal mirrors that I've read are well worth the cost.

I tried some universal cheap strap on mirrors that vibrated so badly in the wind, that I coudn't see anything, we returned them.

Were those the crappy ones at wal-mart?

Cause they were like $30 or something, and i was thinking about buying them.
(they LOOKED good......but looks can be deceiving.)

Because i was towing a U-haul enclosure behind my Mounty once, and I couldnt see **** on either side of me......
The stock mirrors are only good if you're towing a jetski or very small boat....like a fresh water boat or something.

I know you can take the mirrors off of an Expedition or Aviator right? I read that somewhere, it's a pretty easy mod from what I read.
(i dont know how much better of a FOV you would have, but im sure it would be quite a difference.)

Were those the crappy ones at wal-mart?

Cause they were like $30 or something, and i was thinking about buying them.
(they LOOKED good......but looks can be deceiving.)

Because i was towing a U-haul enclosure behind my Mounty once, and I couldnt see **** on either side of me......
The stock mirrors are only good if you're towing a jetski or very small boat....like a fresh water boat or something.

I know you can take the mirrors off of an Expedition or Aviator right? I read that somewhere, it's a pretty easy mod from what I read.
(i dont know how much better of a FOV you would have, but im sure it would be quite a difference.)

Yes, those mirrors were from wallmart, defintely a waste of time, unless you are parked with the engine off...but then, you don't really need to see behind you right? I need the mirrors for highway lane changes, which they were completely useless because of the extreme vibration.

The Aviator mirrors would likely bolt up just fine, but the mirrors aren't measureably wider on the Aviator than the explorer, which means they wouldn't be much different. The Expedition mirrors likely wouldn't fit, since they are on a completely different model. I really need the mirrors moved outward about 8 to 10 inches on each side.

So I know it's late but did anyone get a solution for this thanks! I am stuck in the same situation.

http://hensleymfg.com/products/mckesh-mirrors/

I went through 3 sets of those dumb strap on things. Hell, I even emailed CIPA to see if they were planning on making tow mirrors for the 06 to 10. Got a very short answer. NO! So I bit the bullet and bought these. They are phenominal. Cant say enough good about them. Get the blind spot mirror option as well. You'll never look bac....or wait...youll be able to do nothing but look back, cause these mirrors work. I tow an 8 foot wide travel trailer and have all the confidenc e to change lanes all day long now.

I'm on my 9th season with the CIPA universal strapon mirrors. 6 seasons on a '97 minivan, 2 seasons on a '00 minivan, and this season on our Mountaineer.

You strap these on tightly, with the adjuster screws set properly to square it up, and they are quite simply an extension of the stock mirror housing. The image is fine to me.

Perhaps the housing is vibrating a little, but I don't look at the housing. I look at the image in the mirror.

If you are having problems with the stability of the actual image, I suspect that the housing is not sitting squarely on all 3 "feet" at 1 of them needs to be adjusted (threaded in or out). Otherwise, it's sitting on 2 legs, and is able to wobble.

Thanks,
I put 2015 GMC 2500 tow mirrors on my 07 explorer xlt. It wasn't to hard of a task a little drilling, trimming and rewiring, nothing that was to scientific

Back