• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer V6 Transmission

markfnc

Reaction score
City, State
Johnston County, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Eddie Bauer
I have a 2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer V6. It has 198,000 miles. The transmission seems to be slipping in 2nd and 3rd gear. gets up to 3000 rpm before it shifts. runs fine in 5th on highway. could this be torque convertor or something else /worse? My wife had her 2005 Free Star torque convertor replaced under recall. The explorer is not worth a whole lot with the amount of miles I have, so I m not going to spend a lot on it.

any ideas?

I have a 2010 xlt v6 with the 5r55s transmission with 93000 miles and it is normal for my car to shift at 3k. I believe it is a learning transmission so depending on your driving style it will change the way it shifts. If it is actually slipping while changing gears that's not good.

Maybe someone else will have another idea.

I have a 2010 xlt v6 with the 5r55s transmission with 93000 miles and it is normal for my car to shift at 3k. I believe it is a learning transmission so depending on your driving style it will change the way it shifts. If it is actually slipping while changing gears that's not good.

Maybe someone else will have another idea.

Ive had it since new (or 12000 miles), and this is a new thing, slipping is what it feels like.

Back