2007 Explorer XLT V-8

airbrnmike

Reaction score
City, State
Westminster
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer, XLS
Good Morning Folks,
I am a new member to the forum, I am an owner of a lovely 2002 ford explorer that I have put over 243, 000 Miles on. Yes I am on engine number 2 and transmission number 3. There is rust on my Drivers side rear door and I am looking into a 2007 XLT. It has low mileage under 100,000. Can you please give me some things to look for? I know enough about my 2002 but would appreciate a little heads up about the V-8 and 2007. Thanks so much!

Exhaust leak from the manifold's is common and a PITA to do. Listen for clatter or ticking when it's totally cold.

Overall a great combo. 2007 still had issues with 2 piece spark plugs, ask if they were changed lately, otherwise it is a major headache. But once you replace them, you'll be fine.

I have the 2006 v8 and suffered the leaking radiator. Not sure if that smoothed out in 07. Agree on the exhaust leak. And wheel hubs seem to break down a little early (fronts aren't bad but rear is $). Spark plugs were a pita first go round but very easy the second time. Overall, the truck craves maintenance. Not complaining though.

Back