2007 Factory Explorer Sport Trac Truck bed cover | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Factory Explorer Sport Trac Truck bed cover

iamjo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Sport Trac
We have the above mentioned vehicle. The truck bed cover is one, supplied by Ford when we bought the vehicle new. This truck bed cover lifts from back to front in half. On the left hand side, where the bed cover folds, on top, there is a piece affixed under the bed cover and wraps around on top of the bed cover on the edge-=-right on the edge--there is one on both sides--like a drain piece---I do have a schematic of the bed cover, but the part is difficult to identify. One parts supplier called it a "seal"..and of course, if I order the part and it is not correct, it is non-refundable.

Any ideas? Thanks! :)

Jo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thank you--similar to the schematic I have. Still string to determine if #6--is a piece which goes entirely across the top, or is an end piece which affixes underneath and comes around on top. THANKS~

# 6 is the seal tha covers the hinge from on top from left to right.Just got one to replace mine which is starting to deteriorate. If you are referring to the end cover seals on the hinge, they appear to be #12 on the schematic

thanks--Yes, what I am looking for is the END cover seals, which actually affix underneath the cover and wrap around to the top--like an end cap drainage seal on both sides---would that be #12 ? :)

It appears to be. Sometimes the schematics are hard to read.

Also note, there is a left and right seal.

thanks! :)

I am going to run in to the Ford dealer, who, on the phone SAID there are nO parts for this cover! We shall see when I go in person!

The parts are/or were available recently. I ordered my seal from Tasca Ford parts online. It arrived in about 3 days. Just ordered other items for my Mustang from them this past Monday and due to arrive today. Decent prices for factory Ford parts.

Back