2007 Ford Exploder Help!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Ford Exploder Help!!!

DSTEV1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT
For a little background... this car hates me every time I have an issue and take it in to get looked at it won’t act up at the dealer and they charge me $70 for nothing, so I came here! The transmission exploded in it exactly a year ago and I put a brand new one in it, car has about 190k miles on it now.

I have 2 issues right now:
1. Sometimes when I come to a stop and then press the gas to go, it’s almost like it’s in neutral. It doesn’t move, sometimes it rolls back when I let off the break. When I press the gas it will rev up and nothing happens then feels like it slams into first. I never let it rev up high, I always let off when I feel it doing that but it still feels like it shifts pretty violently when that happens. A couple weeks ago it did it to me in traffic and the check engine light and oil pressure lights came on. I turned it off then back on and the old girl cranked right up like nothing happened, hasn’t tripped those lights on my since but the problem has continued.. thoughts?

2. Yesterday I turned the car on and there was a really loud knocking sound coming from the middle of my dash right around the AC vents, AC was on 1, turned it to 4 and the knocking went away so I don’t think it was the engine. I’m at a loss on this one.

Thanks for the help in advance!

At least to me, it sounds like a slipping transmission. I just replaced my 5r55s transmission in my 2010 Explorer at 90,000 miles. If it tripped a light, a fault code will be stored in the car's computer. Why not purchase a small automotive scan tool yourself and diagnose it. It will give you a code that will narrow down the source of the issue considerably. Plus you will not have to pay the dealer fees each time for a diagnosis if you know what code is coming up in the car's computer. As far as scan tools go, the Blue Driver from Amazon is excellent.

Number 2 rounds like the blend door actuator is failing.

Issue #1 could be as simple as low trans fluid level. Have you checked fluid level and condition?

V6 trans?

Agree with beachcomber on #2.

Back