2007 ford explorer CAN bus problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 ford explorer CAN bus problem

vic1992LX

Reaction score
City, State
iraq-baghdad
Year, Model & Trim Level
92lx
Hello again, this is a serious problem with clients 2007 ford explorer 4.0L 4*4. the car was running fine until the client disconnected the battery then put it back, PATS started flashing THEFT mode, battery-key-immo-everything is good.
ids82 (with oem VCMII) cant connect automatically without entering vin, then i scan but not all DTCs show up during the first scan so i scan twice or three times to get most of DTCs, U2023 PAM, not all modules are being tested during the scan (IC, 4*4,GEM, are failing in test). P1260 cleared and i tried to enter to PATS functions and it says "SECURITY ACCESS DENIED"
tried to reflash the PCM with no success and PMI PCM is required, tried that and fails with error (80xxx).replaces PCM with the same problem exactly.
any module programming i try for the IC requires PMI PCM, and this fails.
ps. when disconnecting the PCM the PATS led still flashing.
ps. the car was flooded a years ago but it runs normal.
checked the workshop manual, i must check the module communication network, MS and HS CAN bus starting from the DLC connector then IC then smart junction box ending with the PCM harness, all other modules connected to the network must be separated from the network as well.

special thanks to the guy who gave us links to the workshop manuals including the wiring diagrams.

anyone introduced a similar issue before?
thanks.

Just wondering, but was the battery somehow installed with the +/- cables switched? If so, that would explain a lot of what is going on.

No but the guy has made a bad short circuit (the socket touched the - terminal) while installing the positive battery terminal.
Short circuits are killers to pcm and ic.

Today i removed IC then diagnostics worked fine, PATS functions but without effects of course, module programming worked fine. So i will try to find another one.

Back