2007 Ford Explorer Eddie bower gas gage | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie bower gas gage

redheck2017

Reaction score
City, State
Bristo, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer EB
Need a bit of help! My digital gas gage works but the analog gage doesn't work now. A little history... I pulled the dash off and replaced the bulbs a couple of weeks before it stopped working. So not sure if it is related or not. Of course there isn't 20 cables to plug in anymore. Think there was only one. So not sure what to do.

Since removing the cluster is so easy, you might want to take it out and inspect the pins in the connector for damage and reseat it. I doubt this is the problem but it might be worth a try. While it is out, you can take off the clear gauge cover and give the fuel indicator a gentle nudge to free it should it be stuck somehow. Also, have you checked for any codes that might be relevant to this problem?

Since removing the cluster is so easy, you might want to take it out and inspect the pins in the connector for damage and reseat it. I doubt this is the problem but it might be worth a try. While it is out, you can take off the clear gauge cover and give the fuel indicator a gentle nudge to free it should it be stuck somehow. Also, have you checked for any codes that might be relevant to this problem?
I checked for codes and there is one for an upper rail fuel sensor. Looks like the top of the engine has to come off to get to it!! So don't know if I will be able to change that or if it's related. I will take off the cluster tonight when I get in. I did clean the area when I had taken it out so maybe I did something or a piece of paper towel? It worked fine afterward though. Thank you for commenting. Definitely appreciated!! ... David

going to pull my gauge cluster tomorrow and hopefully physically free the gauge. My e-gauge is working as well, analog stuck at half tank...(empty or full, you decide?)

Back