2007 Ford Explorer Multiple Low Voltage Circuit DTC's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Ford Explorer Multiple Low Voltage Circuit DTC's

Tynan918

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer
This is my moms daily driver.

Has less than 100,000 miles on it. Started with minor irritatic idling, and no in gear or shifting issues.

I replaced her EGR valve and it fixed the minor irritatic idle. We had a bad winter storm around Christmas, and her Explorer ran rough and she assumed the coolant was frozen and let it thaw out at my brothers place for a few days. I got it started and let it warm up for a good while before letting her take off in it.

Ran fine driving it back to her house about 3/4 of the way of about 5 miles. Started losing powertrain power bad, and couldn't get the speed up over 25-30 mph. Made it to her place and we let it sit.

She had me replace both of the Bank 2 O2 sensors, but it didn't fix the problems.

I put it on the scanner and it showed no codes at first. I ran the motor in idle for about 10 minutes and checked the codes again to find 13 codes, here is a short video of those 13 codes:

All low voltage or circuit codes...Transmission Solenoids, Torque Converter Clutch, EGR, O2 Sensors, and MAP sensor all have either low voltage or faulty circuit issues causing the problem.

Oddly, my mom went out to drive it and scan it again after I left her place, and the scanner now shows 32 codes...she didn't record it, but I will and share it here when I do.

I've learned 3 things while researching this...

1. Bad PCM.

2. Blown 42 and/or 43 fuses.

3. Open Circuit.

I'll be installing and breaking in a new camshaft in my G-Body this next few days, so I won't be tackling this job until after the camshaft job.

In the meantime, can you guys share some advice about what it could highly possibly be, and what I can do to pinpoint the problem and fix it ?

Have you tested the battery and alternator as well as checking the various grounds? Low, or erratic, voltage can mimic many problems throughout the electrical system. How old is the battery?

Back