2007 Interior Restoration

Paul Fithian

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Job 1 RWD V8 Limited
After owning this 2007 for almost a year, time for a complete interior restoration. New OEM floor mat going in.

Seats are stripped and the leather covers cleaned, I will also repair and dye the leather to look new.

This truck has heated seats, but the drivers side was not working. One of the heating pad connectors is missing from the main seat wiring harness. I'll check continuity on the heating pads and look at another option for getting this to work.

IMG_6522.JPG

IMG_6535.JPG

IMG_6552.JPG

IMG_6554.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Progress continues, I was able to repair the lumbar mechanisms on both front seats with cable ties.

I was mistaken in the earlier post about the missing seat heater connector. It was disconnected, and the mating connector is not under the seat as is found on the passenger seat, but in the middle of the rear of the seat back as shown in the attached diagram.

I installed a new driver seat base heater element, as the OEM one had an open circuit and was not working.

New Floor.jpg

Interior Parts.jpg

Driver Seat.jpg

Passenger Seat.jpg

Tuflor Label.jpg

Driver Seat Connector Locations.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I find this very interesting and look forward to seeing more posts as you move forward. I like seeing the "skeleton" of the 4th gens like you are showing.

Thanks for this thread. I’m also enjoyed the the teardown and photos. And hoping I never have to do it!

Seat covers going back on. These were originally installed with hog rings, much easier to use cable ties for this.

The first picture also shows the new seat heater element installed. The old one had an open circuit and was not working.

Seat Cable Ties.jpg

Seat Cable Ties 2.jpg

I have a 2007 XLT no power and want to add power seats with heater out of an 2008 Explorer. The mounting looks to be the same but was wondering if you or anyone had any knowledge if they are the same mount locations.

The physical mounting of the seats may be the same, but the wiring harness is likely different.

They went in easy, now playing with getting heated seats working. What color is the heated seat wire for each seat? I have a lot of wiring to get out of the way since I don't have memory.

All finished, very happy with the result. Looks and smells like new!

I removed the seat mat clips from the flooring and filled the holes with PL urethane.

Console Restored.jpg

Passenger Seat Restored.jpg

Rear seats restored.jpg

New Floor2.jpg

Looks fantastic!

Thanks!!

Wow, how did i miss this thread ?
Looks amazing. It just proves that you can keep the cars running and looking good for a long time with some efforts.

Back