2007 Mercury Mountaineer 3" Lift and 33" Tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Mercury Mountaineer 3" Lift and 33" Tires

JRMclemore

Reaction score
City, State
El dorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mercury Mountaineer
After reading about the challenges of lifting an 06-10 Mercury Mountaineer, I was about to alter it in ways that would have removed any resemblance to Mountaineer. Honestly, I couldn't imagine keeping it if it could not be lifted. But here it is. There are several modifications on the to do list but I am satisfied with the current results.

Currently
  • 3" Strut Lift (2" spacers at both ends
  • 33" Tires
  • Removed running boards
  • Trimmed 2.5" inner wheel well plastic
  • Removed valance under front bumper
Planned
  • Front and Rear Bumper trim
  • UCA's
  • New Steps
  • Other aesthetics
It's going to be slow but steady going.

Attachments

• Before-After Pics.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 440

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It definitely looks beefier with the 33s. Nice job! Looking forward to seeing your future mods:chug:

After reading about the challenges of lifting an 06-10 Mercury Mountaineer, I was about to alter it in ways that would have removed any resemblance to Mountaineer. Honestly, I couldn't imagine keeping it if it could not be lifted. But here it is. There are several modifications on the to do list but I am satisfied with the current results.

Currently
  • 33" Tires
  • Removed running boards
Planned
  • UCA's
  • New Steps
  • Other aesthetics
It looks pretty good. losing the running boards makes it look higher.

Currently
  • 33" Tires
  • Removed running boards
Planned
  • UCA's
  • New Steps
  • Other aesthetics

Currently
  • 33" Tires
  • Removed running boards
Planned
  • UCA's
  • New Steps
  • Other aesthetics
JRM, How did this lift and 33" tire work out. I'm planning the same for a 07 explorer

JRM, How did this lift and 33" tire work out. I'm planning the same for a 07 explorer

• 33" Tires
  • Removed running boards
  • Trimmed 2.5" inner wheel well plastic on the front only.
  • Removed valance
  • Rear Bumper trimmed about 2.5"
Very happy. The UCA angles are almost maxed out but but the alignment is good and has remained consistant. The tire made a lot of noise that I would normally associate with tire or bearing issues. So far everything seems and feels safe. I check regularly for cracks and ware on the UCAs and Steering components. This is my daily driver and it's a 30 Mile drive 1way. My mpg hovers between 16 - 19 mpg. I'm sure the mpg will improve slightly with needed tune up and neglected preventative maintenance.

Currently working on
  • single to dual exhaust conversion.
  • Boring a throttle body and making a new plate/blade.
  • Custom intake air box
  • Maf sensor relocation
I am learning as I go from local professionals and my own trail and error. Okay, that means I'm trying and when needed they are fixing my errors....

You should make replacing the upper control arms a priority. The suspension doesn't have enough travel the way you have it now. In a panic situation, you may lose control.

Back