• Register Today It's free!

2007 Ranger 2.8 diesel

Billhotair

Reaction score
City, State
Cabanga
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Ranger 2007
Can any one tell me if the rangers made in Argentina have the same frame and chasis as ones made in the US. Finding good after market parts in Costa Rica is tough. I was hoping I could get them when I am in the US visiting.
Mine is a 4 door 4X4 with a 2.8 liter diesel.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

US Rangers are different than the World Rangers. We don't have a diesel nor do we have a true 4 door. I don't think there are many parts interchangeable.

Thanks Red

I was afraid of that. I can not understand why that is. I heard they quit selling the Ranger in the US all together. This truck of mine is great. I have to get the dealer in the capital city to ship parts to me on the bus. They do not take credit cards on the phone so I have to drive to the bank and transfer money to their account then they put the parts on a bus to the closest town.
Thanks for the info.
:thumbdwn:I think Ford is makeing a mistake

Many people in the USA think Ford is making a mistake for dropping the Ranger and not offering a diesel. I have to agree but I know that emissions is much of the reason for not offering a diesel. I don't understand dropping the Ranger but think it, or some kind of replacement, will eventually come back.

Sorry to hear about the hassle you have to go through to get parts.

Seems that if Volkswagon can make a diesel that works in the US Ford should be able to. Last I heard they owned Cummings and Mazda. My owners manuel shows filter numbers for both Ford and Mazda B series. I was able to get some Monroe shocks from a local auto parts store this week. Maybe someday as you said they will step back into this market. Thanks for your input.:salute:

Bill, take a look at images on Google. Search for images of the 2007 in the US, and I bet it may be similar to yours. I don't think the 'world' Ranger was debuted until later that 2007. That makes me think a lot of parts may be more universal than thought.
What are you looking for in particular?
tom

Thanks I will check it out. I really had nothing particular in mind. I just was able to get the rain guards for the windows so I can drive in the rain with windows cracked here and they fit pretty good. I would like to find grill guards maybe and things like that.
Thanks
Bill

Back