2007 Sport Trac needs new engine...What are my options? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Sport Trac needs new engine...What are my options?

Benjamin Rapp

Reaction score
City, State
Franklin, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
My mother has a 2007 Sport Trac that needs the engine (V6) replaced. Being the good son that I am I'm trying to help her out. So I'm asking the experts....YOU!! What vehicles and year range can I get an engine from that will work in her 2007? I can transfer her accessories as they are still good. Just need the main dish. Thanks in advance for the help!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any 4.0l SOHC will fit. 97 to 2011 New the better. Mustang, Land Rover, Explorer, Ranger, or Sport Trac. Just need to swap sensors exhaust and intake systems from the old one to the new one.

My mother has a 2007 Sport Trac that needs the engine (V6) replaced. Being the good son that I am I'm trying to help her out. So I'm asking the experts....YOU!! What vehicles and year range can I get an engine from that will work in her 2007? I can transfer her accessories as they are still good. Just need the main dish. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Do you need the entire engine? (long block = with heads)
Or just the short block = literally the block with pistons, crank, etc. ??

So many options. Do a search. Example short blocks (assuming lower-end went, and heads can be moved over)

Do you need the entire engine? (long block = with heads)
Or just the short block = literally the block with pistons, crank, etc. ??

So many options. Do a search. Example short blocks (assuming lower-end went, and heads can be moved over)
The OP was last seen on the day the posting was created 7 years ago.

The OP was last seen on the day the posting was created 7 years ago.
Thanks!
I missed that. Was looking at content. First time on the site (yesterday).
Damn rusty rockers ... slowing down my plans!

Back