2007 sport trac-tonneau issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 sport trac-tonneau issues

JayD77

Reaction score
City, State
saskatchewan
Year, Model & Trim Level
I purchased a sport trac with a two tier tonneau cover and am having issues with locking it. I have used the ignition key and the valet key but still will not lock. I have inspected all hardware, locks, cylinders etc and looks ok. Why the .... wont this thing lock!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I purchased a sport trac with a two tier tonneau cover and am having issues with locking it. I have used the ignition key and the valet key but still will not lock. I have inspected all hardware, locks, cylinders etc and looks ok. Why the .... wont this thing lock!
Sounds like this is not the original tonneau. You might want to ask a locksmith to fit a key to the locks. Cheapest to remove one lock and leave it with him.
You might want to ask the dealer if they can order new locks to your key, they will not be cheap!

In 07' the truck keys dont work on the tonneau covers. They didnt start matching them until 08'. It is a seperate key. Several forum members have sucessfully gotten locksmiths to match them though.

My 07's keys work the cover as well....1 key does it all :dunno:

Yea, I guess they had not gotten the key matches done on the first batch of covers on the 07's. They probablly had it done by the time you got yours (40twist). Atleast thats what one forum on this site has said. Wish mine matched.

Back