2007 SPORT TRAC - Where is the IAC? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 SPORT TRAC - Where is the IAC?

WILLIAMPIMENTEL

Reaction score
City, State
MIAMI, FLORIDA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac V6 Ltd
Please help, where can I find the idle air control valve?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, maybe you could help me?

My truck makes a loud blowing noise, like a rush of air when I accelerate, i have been reading online it might be the IAC, so.... in this case, would you know what it could be?

Hi, thanks for replying...

Its a V6 engine.....

Its like I have a jet under my hood, this happens when I hit the gas pedal, loud rushing noise of air.... I have changed the air filter, did not help

Ok I will try it now, not sure what I am looking for.....is there an image of this online? btw, thanks for helping!!!!

Often (not always) the blowing/wooshing sound while under acceleration you describe is the clutch fan running overtime due to low coolant. Check your radiator & overflow box and top off as needed.

Hi Trac Marks, you are correct!!!!

When I got home I bought coolant and pour the entire thing into the radiator, problem solved.

I am assuming that I might have a very, very slow leak because I did pour coolant about 5 months ago and just came back from a 600 mile round trip vacation.

Or does driving for a long period of time ( 3 hours non stop each way) burn up the coolant?

Thanks again!!!!!!

Check the thermostat housing. Notorious for leaking and it sits in the valley. Second place is the seam on the driver side of the radiator and tank. It likes to drip down and sit on the rad support and you never notice it.

Back