• Register Today It's free!

2007 sport trac

jimbo63

Reaction score
City, State
maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer sport trac
I bought a 2007 sport trac 4.0 had for a year I just lost the center bearing unfortunately I'm told the whole rear drive shaft has to be replaced I've checked every junk yard no one has one does anyone have any advice or info on where I can get a replacement other then ford I'm not giving them the satisfaction of getting my 850 bucks,I've always been a ford owner and never had to go through so much just to get truck going.and it just turned 90,000 miles any help appreciated thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I show a Ford part number of 7A2Z-4A499-A that retails for $182.85 in the illustration it sure seems to be what you are looking for.

Drive shaft

That's not the part number my part number is 7A24-4K145-GD.price at ford is 850.00 just for drive shaft

Is your ST a 4x4 or 2WD?

Drive shaft

Is your ST a 4x4 or 2WD?

4 wheel drive and it's a limited the only other drive shaft I could find costs 550 it comes as two piece but it's made with universal joints and its made for my model still a lot of money can't believe all this because center bearing can't be removed I've always owned ford and done my own work never had this kind of problem finding parts

Sorry I was looking at the illustration and saw that bracket and it looked like a center support bearing but apparently it must be a bracket only!! Boy that sucks if you have to buy the whole shaft to get it! Do you have any driveshaft shops in your area? Maybe they could find the bearing for it. I was looking on my ST and the 2wd you can replace the center support brg and bracket!

No machine shops junk yards can't help because its newer the closest one is Missouri I decided not to buy used my luck I'll get a month out of it.the one for 550 corrects the problem by adding universal joint so next time I just disconnect and replace bearing so it's probably worth it.i looked online when I found the bearing problem first thing it said was if you have cv joints,you're not able to separate have to replace the whole drive shaft worse thing they ever came up with my trucks been sitting al out two weeks trying to find solution

Another fine ford engineering marvel. These trucks are full of them. If you are planning on holding on to it for any amount of time I would go with the $550 driveshaft.

Drive shaft

yeah worst truck I've ever owned I'm gonna spend the money and do it right,I wrote to ford they could care less all I got was an excuse,and unless theirs a recall everyone with this problem is stuck with crap and an empty wallet

Back