• Register Today It's free!

2007 Sport Trac4x4 V8 mileage ???

reddawn

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 sport trac
I have had 03 sport trac since it was new and am looking to get a newer vesion because I am very happy with my first purchase. I have my eye on a 2007 sport trac limited with v8 and 30k miles on the clock. What can I expect to see in gas mileage?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depending on highway and if you live where it is flat or has mountains it can vary a lot. I live where there are mountains and my average speed is 40-50 mph when I drive to work. If I drive very nice around 15.5 to 16 mpg. I have had as low as 12-13 though.

I get 15/21 and we are in FL.

my 2009 gets 20 in the summer and about 16 in the winter

I get 20 on highway trips. Around town, with my lead foot, it's about 16. 17 max if I'm real easy on it. Not bad for a 5000 lb V8.

....better than your 4.0 :) I have 2wd, and get 17 mixed City driving, 21 highway. Winter City = 16.

I feel like I just lost my best friend.This last Jan. I lost my 03 Sport trac in a roll over because of black ice. My truck was totaled but it took good care of me, I walked away. I loved that truck. My husband wanted to upgrade a little so we just got a 07. Im feeling like we down graded. A lot of what was Nice on the 03 are not even on this truck. I dont like the inside at all. Hopefully the performance will win me over. Is it just me?

What did you lose? Explain. I've never been in a 1st gen, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. The black interior is somewhat "dreary".

I did purchase the 07 I was looking at and found it to be much nicer ride then my 03 was. The gas mileage with the v8 is comparable to v6, the added torque and hp of the v8 is huge plus. It does have the occasional hard downshift at very low speed problem that I found posts on in this forum. Quess i'll have to take it to dealer and pay for reprogram since it is past warranty period.

got over 18mpg on the highways in the mountains of state college to harrisburg..

What did I lose?

Bought our 2nd Sport Trac new in 03 it never gave any trouble. Regular upkeep, oil changes and maintenance,Great gas mileage set of tires. Im 58 and female I love to hunt and I go by myself alot. My Sport Trac got me in and out of a lot of places I should not of been in the first place but I knew I could depend on it.We hunted and explored together,It took good care of me and on the day I had the roll over it kept me safe and alive. It was totaled but I walked away.I MISS IT.It was like losing my best friend.The intrerior was comfortable,dash was easy to see and read.Every thing was at your fingertips you didnt have to look around for it.It had lots of Inside storeage when you put the rear seats down a solid flap came down to cover the gap between the rear of the truck and the seat.There was also a storeage compartment behind the rear seats.The 07 we just bought has no inside storage where do you put a flashlight or small tool kit?The dash has to much fooling around on it, Its hard to find and read gages at a glance.I hate the doors!, hard to find door handles, whats with the hand grips under the arm rest on the doors that make it hard to open and close.And nothing to cover that gap between rear seat and back of truck when down,It looks like a leg braker waiting to happen for my dog.I'd love to have my 03 back I miss it

red u got pics of ur 07

Bought our 2nd Sport Trac new in 03 it never gave any trouble. Regular upkeep, oil changes and maintenance,Great gas mileage set of tires. Im 58 and female I love to hunt and I go by myself alot. My Sport Trac got me in and out of a lot of places I should not of been in the first place but I knew I could depend on it.We hunted and explored together,It took good care of me and on the day I had the roll over it kept me safe and alive. It was totaled but I walked away.I MISS IT.It was like losing my best friend.The intrerior was comfortable,dash was easy to see and read.Every thing was at your fingertips you didnt have to look around for it.It had lots of Inside storeage when you put the rear seats down a solid flap came down to cover the gap between the rear of the truck and the seat.There was also a storeage compartment behind the rear seats.The 07 we just bought has no inside storage where do you put a flashlight or small tool kit?The dash has to much fooling around on it, Its hard to find and read gages at a glance.I hate the doors!, hard to find door handles, whats with the hand grips under the arm rest on the doors that make it hard to open and close.And nothing to cover that gap between rear seat and back of truck when down,It looks like a leg braker waiting to happen for my dog.I'd love to have my 03 back I miss it

1. Did you not test drive the '07.
2. Why don't you trade on an '03?

Dealer reprogrammed transmission shift points, and works like champ. They did it for free, under extended power train warranty.

Bit of a lead foor here but I get 15/20. If my wife drives on a trip we have got 24 on the road. Hard for me to keep it under 80 on the highway.

.I hate the doors!, hard to find door handles, whats with the hand grips under the arm rest on the doors that make it hard to open and close.And nothing to cover that gap between rear seat and back of truck when down,It looks like a leg braker waiting to happen for my dog.I'd love to have my 03 back I miss it

I bought the 2007 new. Your door handles are a pain but only came on the job 1 2007's. Later on that year they fixed the handle problem. You're right, it's a royal pain that I live with daily. Whoever designed that had their head up their... As for the "hole" behind the seat, you're right again. My dog often loses footing to that hole. The flap you describe in your '03 would have been the perfect solution to retain.

Other than that, I love my Trac. The buying point for me was the independent suspension. It doesn't ride like a truck!

07 4x4 V8 w/ 265/70r16 General Grabber AT2's, truck says I get 13.5 city, 16.8 highway (usually never over 3.5k rpms)

edit: changed highway mileage after reseting the dash mpg calculator and driving 1,200 miles almost all highway

My back seats have the flap, dog usually sits in the front seat anyway.
Rear doors in 08 still have the odd door pull under the rest.

bought a 07 sporttrac v8 4x4, for towing a camper, got 9-10mpg on tow, i was getting 15mpg on stock tires, no/tow, commuting, bought new tires (yokahomas) and a K-n-N air filter- now getting almost 17mpg. but after having it for 4yrs, my tranny is starting to do some odd things, like pausing on shifts, then dropping down a gear on flat roads, etc- the big C6 tranny worked great when it was new- but cant romp on it anymore, may need a rebuild as flushing it didnt help-

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Recommend tranny fluid change. I do this every 30,000 miles. Makes all the difference in the world.

Back