2007 ST Limited 2x4 Transmission Problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 ST Limited 2x4 Transmission Problems

zambranaj

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Sport Trac
Hello everyone, I ran into a strange problem with my 2007 2x4 ST limited and wanted to reach out for some help.

While driving to work I drove over some sitting water and my ST’s check engine light turned on :mad:, shortly after the light turned on the truck felt like I got rear ended or it suddenly slip into gear while topping at a traffic light, has anyone experience this problem of has any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here what I got:

P2272 trouble code refers to the post-catalytic converter O2 sensor on bank #1 , sensor #2

P0161 excessive current draw or short in the circuit powering the oxygen sensor's heater circuit sensor 2 located rear of catalytic converter Bank 2.

I drove it home in the afternoon and the problem did not repeat, could it be a sensor or plug got wet and cause the intermittent issue?

I would check the O2 Sensor, the wire to it and the plug/connector and see if there any obvious signs of damage that could cause an electrical issue. It's free...just crawl under there and look around.

The sensor seemed to be the issue, changed the bank 02_sensor 02 and the problem is gone. Thanks for all the replies and helpful hints...:usa:

Back