• Register Today It's free!

2007 st tpms

jselph

Reaction score
City, State
Metairie, LA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
I have the TPMS failure light and was wondering if aftermarket sensors can co-exist with factory sensors? I believe that the fault is coming from the RF sensor and I will be replacing front tires within the next couple of months. I'm considering replacing the front sensors with the valve stem type. Rear tires were replaced 6 months ago, prior to the sensor failure, so I would prefer not to break them down again just to replace sensors.
Thanks,
John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes they can, you just need to pair all 4 again. You also need the ford programming tool. The cheapest I found were the orange electronics stem style on ebay. Around 30 bucks each.

Thanks for the info. I just wasn't sure if two different brands could coexist on the same vehicle. I guess they all 'train" the same way. Does anyone know the difference between the aftermarket trainer and the factory trainer? There is a big price difference and apparently the aftermarket unit cannot be used to train the factory sensors, correct?
Thanks,
John

Factory trainer works with the orange electronics one. I use mine when I swap my winter and summer rims. I got a deal on mine from the dealership because they ordered it in and the buyer never picked it up, but I doubt OEM will cost you more than 50 bucks. I'm sure the aftermarket ones that work exactly the same as the oem one, there really isn't much to them at all.

Thanks. For the $20, or so, I just may go ahead and get the aftermarket one when I buy the new sensors.
John

I got 4 new ones at NAPA when I got new tires. At that point the warning light was on almost all the time. Still ended up taking it to the Ford dealer to reprogram but they did it for free. The light still comes on once in a while but not as often. I put a piece of black electrical tape over the light. :D

Back