• Register Today It's free!

2008 AC Not Blowing Hard

thadecalguy

Reaction score
City, State
Largo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer XLT 2WD
I have a 2008 Explorer XLT with Manual AC controls. Even on MAX AC it doesn't blow very hard but it does still blow slightly and is cold. The blower motor is confirmed working, the door that opens and closes above the blower is working and the door that opens and closes on the dash vents is working. When I have it on MAX AC you can feel it but it blows like its on the lowest setting. When you turn it down to the lowest setting it just trickles out. It doesn't change when switching to other settings like defrost or regular AC it still doesn't blow hard. Any help is much appreciated.

Check out this video -

Thanks for the reply, however it does blow on all settings and it sounds like it's blowing strong, but it's not coming out of the dash strongly.

Check out this video -

I have a buddy that was having the same issue on his 07 08 ford ranger he replaced the blend door actuator still the same .. this truck doesn't have a cabin air filter however it does have a screen on the inlet side of the blower motor . We took the blower motor out and took a air blower and cleaned the screen out now it blows great . You can also see this screen by turning your ac to max ac (which makes you ac suck from the cabin compartment) open your glove box and take a flash light and look past the flap/ door. DONT BLOW THE SCREEN OUT FROM THE GLOVE BOX. IF YOU DO YOU CAN STOP UP THE AC EVAPORATOR AND HEATER CORE THEN YOUR IN FOR A LOT OF WORK

Back