• Register Today It's free!

2008 EB Aux Input not working

ejkob

Reaction score
City, State
St. Charles, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer Sport
I have a 2008 EB with a stock head unit that has a single CD MP3 and supports SAT radio. I also have an AUX jack in the center counsel of the truck so I can play music from Aux devices. However when I press the AUX button on the Radio, it will only allow me to select one of 3 SAT channels. The Aux port does not seem to be active and I cannot select it. Any ideas where to look for the problem? I did install a Parrot Bluetooth Hands Free device but the interface cable was directly made for the radio. Could that be the problem? If so, why can I NOT select Aux on the radio?

Thanks for your reply

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Something is more than likely disconnected in the back of the radio.
May have been due to the parrot. Try disconnecting the Parrot and connecting the wiring in the original way and see if it'll work.

After doing more checking, everything on the radio is connected and even after removing the Parrot device, the aux will still not work. When I press the AUX button the only selection I get SAT 1, SAT 2, SAT 3. I cannot select the AUX port. I thought I read that there is programing on the ECM or PCM that needs to activate the AUX port. Is that correct? I've had both replaced in the truck within the last year.

Hmm, I'm not aware of the ECM controlling the Aux jack. Doesn't exactly make sense to me. I still feel as though something is not connected. Not that I don't believe you, but sometimes it's something as stupid as the aux jack side being loose.

So after doing some more digging, the head unit is a ford audiophile unit and its programmable. Apparently the radio itself has to recognize that an AUX port is on the CAN Bus. Now the question becomes, how to program the radio? Thanks

Only the dealer is able to program it. They shouldn't charge you anything for it, just act like you don't know what happened and that one day it stopped working.

Back