2008 Explorer A/C blowing warm from Drivers side Vents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Explorer A/C blowing warm from Drivers side Vents

explorer21230

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer
My A/C blows warm air from the drivers side vents. The passengers side vents and the rear vents (over the rear seats) blow noticeably colder air. The drivers side vents blow strong air it's just that it's warm. I haven't noticed any difference switching from "Max Air" to regular air or by changing the fan speed. I have the manual A/C system. Any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

possibly a blend door problem. how cold is the passenger side and rear?

I'm not sure of the temp but it is definitely noticeable. I'd guess it's probably at 15 or 20 degree difference.

Close the passenger vents & see how the driver vents feel after a drive.
These symptoms are often times an indicator of a low refrigerant charge. The cool air only comes out of vents near the evaporators & the driver's side may cool off after longer trips...say, 30 minutes.

Had the same problem. Like Big Z said, I was low on refrigerant. Added some and both sides are the same temperature now.

You could have a blend door actuator problem, not sure if electric or vacuum operated. I repair these all the time. Thank the lord you don't have a 2002 trailblazer/envoy. It's a $2000 job.

Back