2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer Added Chrome Mirrors And Side Vents | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer Added Chrome Mirrors And Side Vents

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey you guys what do you think im thinking about taking off all the chrome i added and keeping the body stock. Then doing for a stealth look like blacked out windows and blackout out headlights and taillighs. And of course bigger rims.

no think i'm just going to add a chrome gas cap and then be done with the chrome.

do you think my truck would look better with only the half chrome mirror covers compared to the ones i have now. I ordered the half chrome ones but they came as the ones as i have now. Please tell me what you think would look better.

hey you guys what do you think im thinking about taking off all the chrome i added and keeping the body stock. Then doing for a stealth look like blacked out windows and blackout out headlights and taillighs. And of course bigger rims.

This gets my vote. I think chrome accessories look horrible/cheap/tacky.

FINALLY! I've found at least one person that agrees with me! The overdoing of the chrome is just disgusting IMO. If you park one with chrome accessories next to a stock one, you quickly see how silly it looks.

However, everyone has their own tastes. But the chrome for me is definitely a No-Go.

Hi there just wondering if i was to remove some of the chrome add-ons on my explorer how would you guys recommend doing it and would it wreck the paint or anything.

It's your truck...

just wondering do you think the chrome add ons will hold threw a touchless car wash

SpartanTS said:
FINALLY! I've found at least one person that agrees with me! The overdoing of the chrome is just disgusting IMO. If you park one with chrome accessories next to a stock one, you quickly see how silly it looks.

That's YOUR opinions, some of us actually like chrome.:rolleyes: AS long as you don't add too much it looks great. I think mine looks way better than it did with the flat black plastic door handles and mirrors.

just wondering do you think the chrome add ons will hold threw a touchless car wash

Had all my chrome for over a year now and I have gone through car washes several times during the winter, even pressure washed it. That 3m foam tape is a PITA to remove. I had to replace my broken driver door handle under warranty once. Tried to pry it off to no avail. Wound up taking a friend's advice and heated it in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes to loosen up the adhesive, then had to reapply more 3m tape to the new part.

So I don't recommend removing it. It looks good anyway, nevermind the haters on here. :thumbdwn:

That's YOUR opinions, some of us actually like chrome.:rolleyes: AS long as you don't add too much it looks great. I think mine looks way better than it did with the flat black plastic door handles and mirrors.

Sure, it's my opinion. You'd see that I said IMO right before you put that entire sentence in bold:rolleyes:

Hi there you guys just added some chrome mirrors and side vents on my 08 eddie tell what you guys think thanks. I will also be adding chrome door handles soon.

I guess you missed that too, huh :rolleyes:

And BTW, did you actually put a V8 emblem on the back of your truck, when you clearly have the V6 :D

I'm not a fan of chrome, I de-chromed my Explorer.. but if it floats your boat then do what you want, you should do whatever makes you happy, it's your car, you're paying for it, if nobody else likes it, it doesn't matter, they're not driving it or paying for it, so who cares...

Si

Sure, it's my opinion. You'd see that I said IMO right before you put that entire sentence in bold:rolleyes:

I guess you missed that too, huh :rolleyes:

And BTW, did you actually put a V8 emblem on the back of your truck, when you clearly have the V6 :D

no ... look more closely... it says V6:rolleyes:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And my point is, if you people hate chrome or whatever, nobody cares. Keep your hate to your selves. No need to bash on someone else's ride.

And my point is, if you people hate chrome or whatever, nobody cares. Keep your hate to your selves.

If he (Spencer) didn't care, he wouldn't have asked us to tell him what we thought. Obviously he values the opinion of others, even if he's going to do whatever he wants to do anyway.

No need to bash on someone else's ride.

This is where you clearly are not understanding the fundamental difference between bashing and stating my opinion.

He said tell me what you think. I said I think chrome is ugly. Someone agreed with me. You chimed in and threw a fit because we didn't agree with you. Were we supposed to??? Would that have made you feel better?

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're hating or bashing. I'd be bashing if I kept harassing him about it. I don't. I'd be hating if I couldn't buy it. Surely that isn't the case, but I digress...

Spencer, buy what you like bro. If you want chrome stem caps, chrome headlights, hell even a chrome radio antenna, go right ahead. However, if you ask for our opinion, and some of us think it's ugly, don't take it personal. And so far, it doesn't seem like you are taking it personal at all, so kudos to you. However, Joe Chrome is gonna have a cow since I think chrome accessories suck.

If he (Spencer) didn't care, he wouldn't have asked us to tell him what we thought. Obviously he values the opinion of others, even if he's going to do whatever he wants to do anyway.

This is where you clearly are not understanding the fundamental difference between bashing and stating my opinion.

He said tell me what you think. I said I think chrome is ugly. Someone agreed with me. You chimed in and threw a fit because we didn't agree with you. Were we supposed to??? Would that have made you feel better?

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're hating or bashing. I'd be bashing if I kept harassing him about it. I don't. I'd be hating if I couldn't buy it. Surely that isn't the case, but I digress...

Spencer, buy what you like bro. If you want chrome stem caps, chrome headlights, hell even a chrome radio antenna, go right ahead. However, if you ask for our opinion, and some of us think it's ugly, don't take it personal. And so far, it doesn't seem like you are taking it personal at all, so kudos to you. However, Joe Chrome is gonna have a cow since I think chrome accessories suck.

I am not the one trying to argue with someone, now am I?:thumbdwn:

Sorry If I don't agree with you, but you guys comments sound like bashing to me. Regardless it's negative comments. I don't see how you think you are doing the guy a favor saying you hate chrome, blah, blah, whatever. but I guess know it all's think they are always right.:rolleyes:

I am not the one trying to argue with someone, now am I?:thumbdwn:

Sorry If I don't agree with you, but you guys comments sound like bashing to me. Regardless it's negative comments. I don't see how you think you are doing the guy a favor saying you hate chrome, blah, blah, whatever. but I guess know it all's think they are always right.:rolleyes:

It's not a matter of right and wrong. It's all a matter of opinion. I wouldn't be doing this guy any good if I just told him what he wanted to hear, especially if I flat out disagree. This is what's wrong with a lot of people on internet forums. If someone disagrees, then all hell breaks loose. People get their panties in a bunch, and throw a fit because someone isn't telling them what they wanna hear. Kinda like you right now.

I just don't think you can stand the fact that someone is disagreeing with you. You may love em, but I do not. Chrome accessories suck IMO. It's right up there with the rest of that ebay/auto zone crap like spinning hub caps, altezza tail lamps, sticker decals, windshield washer led's, fart can mufflers, and all the other fads that seem to come and go these days.

You just refuse to quit don't you. If you can't do anything but bash on someone else's ride then JUST SHUT UP! the only one I see here with their "panties in a wad" is YOU. You just can't stand people like something you don't and have to hate on them for it. BUT WHAT YOU FAIL TO REALIZE IS.... NOBODY GIVES A DAMN WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY, YOU ARE NOT CHANGING ANYONE'S MIND. Kind of like the *** going to march downtown, all they do is piss everyone off and start trouble, then blame everyone for the riots and violence that erupts becuse of their hate speech. :rolleyes:

WTF... damn you are annoying...:thumbdwn: Just drop it and go away!

You just refuse to quit don't you. If you can't do anything but bash on someone else's ride then JUST SHUT UP! the only one I see here with their "panties in a wad" is YOU. You just can't stand people like something you don't and have to hate on them for it. BUT WHAT YOU FAIL TO REALIZE IS.... NOBODY GIVES A DAMN WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY, YOU ARE NOT CHANGING ANYONE'S MIND. Kind of like the *** going to march downtown, all they do is piss everyone off and start trouble, then blame everyone for the riots and violence that erupts becuse of their hate speech. :rolleyes:

WTF... damn you are annoying...:thumbdwn: Just drop it and go away!

Looks like you're working up quite a temper there, huh? If it bothers you that much that I actually have an opinion different from yours, then you're gonna be angry for the rest of your life because I'm sure I have many opinions that differ from yours, and to top that off, I'm not going anywhere.

It's not my goal to change anyone's mind, however it is my goal to provide my opinion, which I think someone asked for in the very beginning of this thread. However, since you've missed it not once, but twice, here it is a third time, from the very beginning of this thread from Spencer himself:

Hi there you guys just added some chrome mirrors and side vents on my 08 eddie tell what you guys think thanks. I will also be adding chrome door handles soon.

:salute:Have a great day. I'm sure you'll have more pointless rhetoric tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not a fan of all the chrome. The mirrors look good and that's it for me. All that matters is that you like it. To each his own:)

Back