2008 Ford Explorer hissing hvac? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Ford Explorer hissing hvac?

stuartyager4437

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer XLS
So this issue started as a hissing coming from the passenger side. Then we would have the shift in the AC from passenger AC to defrost while going up inclines. Now the AC barely works on the passenger side and it doesnt get cold at all on the driver side. I want to fix this myself. Please help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Search check valve. Located close to the firewall in the engine compartment. Common issue.

Most likely the check valve. The one way valve may test good if you use your mouth and either blow air through but that would be the first thing I would replace they are a very common failure point, I have a 2010 and have replaced mine twice within the last two years. Do you have dual side climate controls?

The ac coolness may be a problem with the ac system check the compressor clutch see if the compressor is turning on and if you have a manifold gauge check the pressures. My car has rear heat and ac and the compressor was turning on even know the system had a hole in the line going to the rear under the passenger rear door.

Back