2008 Mountaineer coolant leak. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Mountaineer coolant leak.

younca

Reaction score
I have a problem that the service center could not answer.. I even took it in for service and they could not find a problem.

I was driving around and noticed that some water hit my foot.. it came out of the drivers side floor vent.. I assume it was water, but who knows. To add to this I had my oil changed the day before and they said that the overflow had no anti-freeze.. they filled it up but it was concerning given that my 2008 mountaineer only has 24000 miles on it. I haven't noticed any leaks outside or anything and the amount of water that came out was small, but I would love to know what in the world caused that.. any help would be much appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed, and moved your thread to the stock 2006+ section. You have to connect a cooling system pressure tester to the cooling system to pressure test it. It will help you find where the leak is coming from.

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed, and moved your thread to the stock 2006+ section. You have to connect a cooling system pressure tester to the cooling system to pressure test it. It will help you find where the leak is coming from.

Thank you for moving the thread to the correct place.

I have no idea how to do that.. lol.. I don't work on cars.. should I take it back to the dealership again? even though it hasn't happened again?

did you have the A/C on when the water hit your foot? if so your drain tubes for the A/C could be cloged. take it to the dealership if the coolant keeps leaking out ( the tank keeps loosing coolant)

did you have the A/C on when the water hit your foot? if so your drain tubes for the A/C could be cloged. take it to the dealership if the coolant keeps leaking out ( the tank keeps loosing coolant)

Yeah,
The AC was on. If the drain tubes were clogged, it would have just been water right? like the water that leaks underneath your car when you run the AC. correct me if I'm wrong on that.

do you think the coolant being low is in any significance with the water coming out in my floorboard?

Back