2008 navigation DVD and Touchscreen Problem! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 navigation DVD and Touchscreen Problem!

Megaroozer

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Ford Explorer, it is great condition and i love it. The problem started a year ago when the touch screen said that the navigation "DVD" wasnt working so it asked me to open the screen and i pressed yes but nothing happend. No big deal. We could survive without navigation in our car, but yesterday it asked me again and again i pressed open this time the screen slid down to the "open" position but now nothing came out and the screen will not slide back up. I do not know what to do. I have no radio no dvd player...nothing! If anyone can help me I would be very greatful!

Search/post over in the Audio and Navigation section there might be an answer over in that forum.
After thinking about this some... you might even want to call ford service and see if they can help you over the phone at 800-392-FORD (3673) or 800-232-5952.

I have a 2008 Ford Explorer, it is great condition and i love it. The problem started a year ago when the touch screen said that the navigation "DVD" wasnt working so it asked me to open the screen and i pressed yes but nothing happend. No big deal. We could survive without navigation in our car, but yesterday it asked me again and again i pressed open this time the screen slid down to the "open" position but now nothing came out and the screen will not slide back up. I do not know what to do. I have no radio no dvd player...nothing! If anyone can help me I would be very greatful!

Hi, Megaroozer,

This will need to be fixed by your preferred Ford dealer; if you need help finding one, shoot me a private message with your city and zip code. Let me know how it goes.

Rebecca

Back