2008 NWE gathering | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 NWE gathering

I think that Diesel will be cheaper than trying to go on a ferry with a trailer. We only get together maybe once or twice a year where we can all make it. I am forking out the cash for diesel too. I know it's tough to do, but the fun will be worth it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like it's about 134 miles to Belfair, about 2.5 hours so a good initial start time to look at would about 4am or so, on the road by 4:30, that gets us in the area around 7am and leaves leeway for getting lost :confused:

Before you guys think about getting up before you go to bed we need to do a little more planning.

Arsoul will probably show up Friday night
I might show up Friday night too but if not, I'll probably take a boat and won't get there until mid morning around 9

I'll bet the other day trippers will start showing up around 9-10

We can wheel until afternoon then gather for early dinner, either at camp or at Jimmy D's BBQ. If we're gong to Jimmy D's it might be a good idea to let them know we have a big group coming.

Edit; Kevin, you got nominated cause your big and RED and have GPS in the rig. Pretty easy to spot from a mile away

Who all is camping? Maybe I will load up the camper, then I would just come down Friday night as well.

I will leave the safeway in Belfair at 8:30 Saturday morning
Those that need to following to trailhead meet me there

I think that Diesel will be cheaper than trying to go on a ferry with a trailer. We only get together maybe once or twice a year where we can all make it. I am forking out the cash for diesel too. I know it's tough to do, but the fun will be worth it.
I do really want to go, money is just super tight because we just bought a house, and literally just moved last weekend. It's my other half's truck that would be hauling it so I need to talk to him about it also.

Your married now, It's half yours :D

I will leave the safeway in Belfair at 8:30 Saturday morning
Those that need to following to trailhead meet me there

Do you know the address of that Safeway or at least the street it's on so I can map it. Never mind, I found it.

Lol (not married quite yet, but might as well be:p:). I'll talk to him tonight and see if it's do-able. Haven't been out with the Xplorer since september, all this talk is getting me itching to go.... :D

Okay, based on the drive time to the Safeway in Belfair, we would have to leave Mount Vernon no later that 6 am, and that's provinding there is no traffic. I think leaving at 5:30 am would be the best to meet up with JR in Belfair. PM me who is planning on caravaning with me Saturday morning.

Lol (not married quite yet, but might as well be:p:).

Oh sorry, I just assumed that when you were married when you said "we just bought a house". But like you said, after that you might as well be :thumbsup:

Here's the address for the Safeway in Belfair.

23961 NE State Route 3
Belfair, WA 98528

Well here's hoping I can manage to at least show up Sunday...if Shady is not up and running...maybe I can con(vince) the hubby to let me borrow his Tracker...it's not 4WD but at least I could get down and meet you all...

Soooo, no one has any steering linkages hanging around for cheap or free...*sighs* ;) Well I guess I will just have to order the parts one at a time and get them hopefully installed in time for the trip...

I can't camp due to spinal issues though...get too cold this time of year. Oh, if I can't manage to bring a rig that can do the trails, can maybe, pretty please...someone find room for an old lady to ride-along? If that's not proper to ask, or not something that can happen, it's ok...just thought I'd ask. :D

I'll be camping, but I'll be sleeping inside the X. Lay down the seats, hop in the ol sleeping bag, and snore away. I just hope I have an X to sleep in and it's not :roll: More leg room upside down though.:D

Rhainy, if you make the trip, I'm sure we'll find a seat for you. Might not be a front seat and you might have to share with a dog but we'll find something. Try for Saturday though, the crowd will get pretty thin Sunday. I'll be heading home early afternoon.

You could get the prize for furthest away (unless Rick decides to come)

bob, if you can roll your X at Tahuya, you probably shouldn't be on the road:p:

I've been told similar things before, since I rolled a Dodge Neon on a flat dirt road trying to see how long I could keep it sideways. Being from Oklahoma originally, there really wasn't much else to do...

...are we awarding prizes for the CLOSEST member too?....

I'm only 20 min from Tahuya...

Ryan

Closest person gets to buy the prizes :D

ahahaha. thats a good one :)

i want to go bad.

i need a 4" or 6" setup for my front... anyone know anyone thats sellin one?

i wanna go wheelin :p

if i get my rig done ill be staying the night also.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a question or a suggestion or however you wanna look at it. I was going to bring in a case of Bud Light to enjoy at the end of the day and being a nice guy, I am open to sharing the wealth. I was wondering if anything like that was going to happen or if this is going to be an alcohol-free run?

Back