2008 NWE gathering | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 NWE gathering

I am need of 1 (or 2) First Gen. 'Deer Hoof' rims. So if anyone has one or 2 lying around...I could REALLY use it...

I damaged one beyond use, and the other is dinged a little...so until then, I'm sporting 1 "throwing star" rim, and 3 'Deer Hoof' rims...

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice lookin doors diff.

i bet you get pretty cold in that thing quick. :p

ahhh. very nice.

nice lookin doors diff.

i bet you get pretty cold in that thing quick. :p

Insulated Carharts coveralls, two pairs of socks, ski mask, and gloves. The heater does a pretty good job at slow speeds.

hahaha. then your set. ;)

88 BroncoII

Are you just going to swap the Ex drivetrain over or are there other plans as well? I was hoping to see a new thread on this somewhere, but I haven't seen that yet.

Are you just going to swap the Ex drivetrain over or are there other plans as well? I was hoping to see a new thread on this somewhere, but I haven't seen that yet.

When I start on the project I will get the new thread started

I am going to build my 84 Bronco2, I bought a decent 88 Bronco2 for the fuel tank and lines that I will need when I put my Fuel injected 4.0 from explorer into the 84 which came from the factory with a carb my complete front suspension and rear axle from the explorer are going in the 84. I have two choices on my transmission, I can either use my current A4LD which has overdrive or I can use a modified C5 which in the end will be more durable but no overdrive and is shorter than the A4LD, I also have a doubler that I have been meaning to put into something.
I plan on using only a 2" body lift. The bronco2 body will be edited as needed to fit my 37's
I plan to start this project on March 2nd and if everything goes alright I will be finished by end of April

I will have a good selection of Bronco2 parts for sale engines,transmission and suspension parts and a body

Here's a tip. I recommend swaping the entire wiring harness from the Ex into the BII. I know the obvious is the power management and engine wiring harness under the hood will be swaped, but you should also include the dash wiring harness to include the intrument cluster. This will ensure plug and play ease with the wiring and gauges. That barrel plug on the firewall is wired differenty on almost every other model year. I have gone both routes, splicing and swaping, and found that it takes much less time to remove and reinstall the dash than chasing down wire colrs from two different vehicles and getting them spliced.

so, ill be there on the first along with some of my buddies. wanted to make sure its cool with you if some of my friends tag along. one of them have the 91' in my sig for sale. other has a nice lookin yota, and yes.. one has a cj. hahaha. im also planning on bringing our dirtbikes. and who all is staying the night? cause we'll be there.

oh and food. are we just bringing for ourselves or?

thanks.

justin.

I'll be staying the night. I'll probably be bringing food for me and my g/f, but if we wanted to have a potluck or something that would work too. I'll be bringing a case of beer to share with everybody, just as long as nobody drives after indulging in tasty libations :D

bob, are you still wanting to meet up?

Beer?! I'm pretty sure I won't be driving after having a few. I might be slumped back in my camp chair making 'vroom-vroom' noises though. Dont be worried.

Kevin- Do you remember that trip we took up into the Sultan Basin when my water pump gave up the ghost on me when my buddy and your neighbor joined us and we all passed out on a tarp and 'someone' wet themselves during the night and unfortunatly I was at the bottom of the slight incline we laid the tarp on and we woke up in the morning with soaking wet sleeping bags and I tried to add gas to the fire the night before and somehow the gas can caught on fire while still in my hands? Good times!

Had a few beers tonight??eh Ryan??

Kevin- Do you remember that trip we took up into the Sultan Basin when my water pump gave up the ghost on me when my buddy and your neighbor joined us and we all passed out on a tarp and 'someone' wet themselves during the night and unfortunatly I was at the bottom of the slight incline we laid the tarp on and we woke up in the morning with soaking wet sleeping bags and I tried to add gas to the fire the night before and somehow the gas can caught on fire while still in my hands? Good times!

How could I forget. Someone still owes me a fire extinguisher for that.

Although, I thought it was your coil that crapped out and I was so proud of my Ex for pulling you across the river. Might have been a different trip, but still, all good times:D We've learned our lesosns though (cliff):eek:

Looking forward to hitting the trails wit you again. No night runs though:roll:

Sounds fun. I'll bring my bronco. It will be it's last run before major changes.

Pat, I'll post this on BII.org after I get a list of the raffle prizes.

Right now, the grand prize is worth over $300, the rest however are much smaller.

Proceeds go to the Red Cross Lewis County relief.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I suppose I don't qualify for the grand prize either?

Just thought I'd ask :D

Back