• Register Today It's free!

2008 ranger lift

08rangerxl

Reaction score
City, State
winnipeg, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 xl
hello, i have a 08 xl, i was wondering what would be a cheaper way of lifting the truck. One thing i was wondering if i was to tt the front, and do nothing to the back will that affect much, also another thing i was wondering was do they make body lifts for the 08's.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unless you are 4x4, you won't have torsion bars up front, so no torsion twist. If you are 4x4, a TT will get the front about level with the rear. If you are 2wd, I can't help you on lift options. And yes, you can get a bodylift for your truck.

sorry yes, it is 4x4, i hear not to torsion anymore than around 2", also is there any other posibles way to lift the truck without breaking the bank

sorry yes, it is 4x4, i hear not to torsion anymore than around 2", also is there any other posibles way to lift the truck without breaking the bank

There are torsion keys, but they will wear your front end parts very fast. Body lift is less than $200.

This truck is body lifted with a torsion twist, and 33's. How high do you want to go?

IMG_0183.jpg

something just that like that picture, i have yet to find a body lift for a 08 tho.

something just that like that picture, i have yet to find a body lift for a 08 tho.

A body lift for 98 plus will work. And i just remembered, Ford lowered the 08 4x4 at least 1 inch below previous years, via different torsion keys and shorter rear block. To remedy this, many Ranger guys are doing the "pre-key mod", taking torsion keys from and 98-07 4x4, Edge, or 06-07 Sport Rangers.

I'll direct you to some threads on Ranger-Forums. I really encourage you to sign up over there, Explorer Forums is great, but most guys on here don't have experience with the issues newer Rangers are having, being that the Ranger and Explorer don't have much in common anymore.

2008's lower ride height, need to get to the bottom of this

Title is pretty self explanatory.

(FS) Random Stuff [GA]

This guy has the older torsion keys that you would want, and some shackles that will be about the same as adding the block. I also have the same shackle, new in the box, but I would want a little more for them.

Corrected Ride Height on 2008-2009

This thread has pictures of a guy who has done the "pre-key mod", and will show you the height gains.

woudn't aftermarket keys do the same thing as prekey mod?

just have to make sure you don't over crank them?
i can see how some people get those aftermarket keys and overcrank 3-4" inchs! but if you stayed 1.5-2.5" woudn't you be relatively safe?
after all 07 ranger is 1.25" higher and there safe to crank 2" so thats like 3.25" higher than a 08 ranger, isn't preload just preload either way?

i think people just gotta know there limits lol and not over do it!

the reason i'm saying that,. lets say you can't find 98-07 keys? some people may not have that option... it's gonna happen... obviously prekey is the way to go for 08+ rangers, but some people maybe be stuck with aftermarket keys

Back