2008 Sport Trac heat/AC damper control | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Sport Trac heat/AC damper control

BwineLabs

Reaction score
City, State
Waseca, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Sport Trac XLT
I am only getting air blowing out the defrost and floor. I have taken off the glove box and looked at the damper solenoid and it seems to be connected to the push rod that moves the damper for the vents. The solenoid does nothing when I change the damper setting (floor, vent, blended, def). I checked/replaced fuses 20 and 28. Both say manual DETAC climate control. Vented A/C would be nice. Fan, heat, and AC all work. Just cannot control where it blows.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

I am only getting air blowing out the defrost and floor. I have taken off the glove box and looked at the damper solenoid and it seems to be connected to the push rod that moves the damper for the vents. The solenoid does nothing when I change the damper setting (floor, vent, blended, def). I checked/replaced fuses 20 and 28. Both say manual DETAC climate control. Vented A/C would be nice. Fan, heat, and AC all work. Just cannot control where it blows.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
I have an 07 mine did something similar but it was a vacuum hose under the glove box that can easily be kicked off by someone’s foot.

Back