• Register Today It's free!

2008 Sport Trac

bostonsrus

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Sport Trac
Hi - I have owned 2 Explorers and am looking at the sport trac this time around. Does anyone know the changes that are coming for 2008 and when it will be available for ordering in Canada? Can anyone tell me if the tonneau cover is waterproof? Anyone owned an Explorer before a Sport Trac? If so do you like it as well? With the price of a Sport Trac Limited about 15 thousand less than a Limited Explorer it is hard to justify a regular Explorer this time around! I haven't driven one yet to see how the longer wheel base effects the handling.
Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why not just check into buying a 4door 4x4 Ranger and have nearly the same vehicle at the end of the day??(except you will have a longer box) Just a thought... :)

US does not have a four-door Ranger. The largest the Ranger gets is a 1.5 door.

Yes, we like the Sport Trac because it has the nice Explorer interier and a short box. The other concern we have is that a salesman told us they are getting rid of the Explorer - is 2008 the last year?
Thanks

2008 'short Sport' trac

US does not have a four-door Ranger. The largest the Ranger gets is a 1.5 door.

That's a good reason why then , most pickups over here are 2 or 4 door, whether they are large ones or small like the Ranger :p: :)

Yes, we like the Sport Trac because it has the nice Explorer interier and a short box. The other concern we have is that a salesman told us they are getting rid of the Explorer - is 2008 the last year?
Thanks

I don't know that they are actually getting rid of the Explorer. The word I hear is that it willbe redesigned with a unibody and no frame, on the Taurus X/Volvo XC-90 platform. 2008 may be the last year for Explorer, but this will depend on how far along the new design is.

Bob

Back