2008 V8 explorer exhaust concern | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 V8 explorer exhaust concern

bkcjames

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Well I have owned multiple explorers over the years and this is my first mountaineer. I have noticed that when I start the car there is a large amount of water dripping from the exhaust lines, mainly near the muffler. Perhaps this is normal but I never noticed that on my 06 and 07 explorer. I noticed it when I pulled out of the drive way. There is a line all the way down the driveway. It is a V8 with 30k. Is this normal? Im on Ohio so it is like 30 degrees currently. My concern is that I never noticed it on my previous explorers.

Normal

Well I have owned multiple explorers over the years and this is my first mountaineer. I have noticed that when I start the car there is a large amount of water dripping from the exhaust lines, mainly near the muffler. Perhaps this is normal but I never noticed that on my 06 and 07 explorer. I noticed it when I pulled out of the drive way. There is a line all the way down the driveway. It is a V8 with 30k. Is this normal? Im on Ohio so it is like 30 degrees currently. My concern is that I never noticed it on my previous explorers.

I'm just wondering...why have you had three 4th gen Explorers?

Normal on mine.

Back