2008 XLT - 200K miles - CEL : Multiple codes ALL O2 sensors throwing codes at same time ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 XLT - 200K miles - CEL : Multiple codes ALL O2 sensors throwing codes at same time ?

94Fexplorerxlt

Reaction score
City, State
VA beach VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer XLT
My check engine light came on other day and its showing ALL of these codes which looks like all of the O2 sensors and some other codes : this is really weird , does anyone know what it could be ?

P0135
P0141
P0155
P0161

P0403
P0443

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I checked all the fuses and theyre good . I replaced the EGR valve 2 years ago with a new motorcraft one .

V-6 or V-8?

So this weekend I changed the EGR valve and the Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid, but codes still came back. At least Ican rule those out now. I checked al the fuses and none of them looked blown but maybe I missed one.

My check engine light came on other day and its showing ALL of these codes which looks like all of the O2 sensors and some other codes : this is really weird , does anyone know what it could be ?

P0135
P0141
P0155
P0161

P0403
P0443
I know this is a couple of weeks late, but I had these same codes about 2 months ago. Note that they are circuit codes. I ran the pinpoint tests that AllData gave me, and it came back to the PCM. I then found this:

REPAIR SERVICE 06-10 FORD EXPLORER 4.0L ECU ECM PCM ENGINE COMPUTER P0403 P0443 | eBay

If you read down in the description, you see all of the same codes listed. It is a common problem with the heater drivers for the O2 sensors.

I don't know if it is an option for you, but I sent mine to those guys and they had it back to me in about 4 days. Everything has been great since then.

Thanks! I'll give them a try , I can borrow a car from a family member . Did you notice any better MPG or anything after getting the PCM repaired ? I'm getting 15 MPG at the moment , I feel like a few years ago Iwas getting much better . I've changed alot of parts too so I'm not sure what else could be doing that

Thanks! I'll give them a try , I can borrow a car from a family member . Did you notice any better MPG or anything after getting the PCM repaired ? I'm getting 15 MPG at the moment , I feel like a few years ago Iwas getting much better . I've changed alot of parts too so I'm not sure what else could be doing that
It's my wife's ride, and she drives it almost exclusively around town. She says it gets about 16.5, but used to do a little better a few years back. I would guess it will get around 20 on the open road. It has 235K on it. She said she didn't notice any real change around the time of the codes and repair.

I don't know if you were able to get this corrected, but I had the same problem on my 2010 Explorer with over 200,000 miles. It was throwing the following codes: P645, P443, P403, P161, P155, P141, P135, and P109. These codes are all part of the same circuit, I believe it is fuse 42. If it is not the fuse, then the 2 heater circuits in the PCM have failed. I sent my PCM to Module Repair Pro in Van Nuys , CA for repair. When I got it back , boom...all codes were gone. Their website is ModuleRepairPro.com.

Yeah I got it fixed sent my PCM/ ECM off to this company on eBay , they fixed and cleaned it fast great service ! They are called Your Part Source

Back