2009 Ford Explorer. Keycode location? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2009 Ford Explorer. Keycode location?

SFHustler

Reaction score
City, State
Boynton Beach, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer
I have a 2009 EB Ford Explorer. I bought it used and without the manual. I have read online that the master keycode is located on the computer module but do not know where it located. I have found the location for every explorer up to 2007 but nothing newer.

Is the keycode still printed on the module in the 2009 and where is it located?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would it be the same for an XLT? If so where can it be found?

welcome

IGNORE IGNORE. I have been corrected!!!!!

A guy on Ebay selling the info responded to me that 2006 and up don't have it anywhere. Original dealer should be able to provide. That's where I got mine.

A guy on Ebay selling the info responded to me that 2006 and up don't have it anywhere. Original dealer should be able to provide. That's where I got mine.

not true, there is a code located in the truck,, search the forums there is plenty of information on the topic.

IGNORE IGNORE. I have been corrected!!!!!

I would definately trust a guy selling the information on ebay.:thumbdwn:

In the future if you want to save time searching do an advanced search and select the forum which you think would be most appropriate. In this case if you narrowed down to 2006-2010 stock forum you could have found your answer in about 5 minutes. Sure beats all that reading. But on the other hand think about everything you learned about the earlier models.:thumbsup:

Back