• Register Today It's free!

2009 Ford Explorer

watkins94

Reaction score
City, State
Natural Bridge Station, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Ford Explorer
2009 Ford Explorer Owner having issues with air not coming out the vents when motor is under pressure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for posting this. I think that’s probably the same issue I’m having with my 2010 Sport Trac. Sound like pressure relieving (like opening a beer bottle) when I tap the accelerator.

That sounds exactly like the noise I had. Basically this valve is one way and allows the vacuum reservoir to hold a vacuum when the engine is under a load and not producing vacuum. The hissing sound and erratic climate control door movement is due to the valve letting vacuum out of the reservoir every time the engine is not producing a vacuum. This valve is typically located just off of, and above, the passenger side valve cover. It is inline on a small diameter black vacuum tube coming from the firewall behind the driver's side valve cover and to the firewall near the AC drier. I could see mine easily and replacing it was a 30 second procedure.

Just checked under the hood and I see it. I’ll report back when I get it installed, probably next weekend.

Swapped the check valve over the weekend. No hissing anymore except when I change A/C settings (like switching from Max A/C to dash and floor), which I think is normal.

Thanks for posting that, 94Eddie.

No problem. I am glad it was an easy fix for you.

Back