• Register Today It's free!

2009 ford ranger

Rojo55

Reaction score
City, State
Dundee NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Ford Ranger
My 2009 Ford ranger started ok when I started it to go someplace.. when I turned it off then tried to start about 20 minutes later it would not crank.. I had all other power… but not click no crank .. I tried all the unusual stuff .. take key out. Shift to neutral… but nothing.. then after sitting for about 10 minutes it started… I got home turned it off and tried immediately to restart and nothing again.:: I’m ready to start analzling … I will check the cable to starter check the starter switch… and maybe coil pack… I don’t have a clue what the problem is … yet… I do know the battery is good…

Welcome to the forum. The first thing I would check would be the battery cables & the terminals. If the cables still have those thin clamps that go around the terminals on the battery make sure they are not cracked. I had one crack from corrosion so I replaced both of them. Also check the cable going to the starter. An old tech trick when it doesn't start crawl under the truck & smack the starter with a hammer, if it starts you have a dead spot in the starter windings.

Back