• Register Today It's free!

2010 After market rims.

AndyA2010

Reaction score
City, State
McKinney
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 XLT
I have searched all over the forums, can't find an answer, although I am CERTAIN it must be out there. I am looking to replace the stock wheels on my 2010 XLT Explorer (no lift, no leveling). 7.5Jx17 ET44 are the specs for OEM. 7.5x17 is no problem, the issue is the 44mm offset. How far can I deviate without getting into having an issue? have read that 5mm is ok, but wanted a little input here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my stock 16 inch rims are 44mm offset and my summer rims are 38mm with no problems. So 6mm should be fine.

A few guys are running 2nd generation rims on their 4th gens which stick out quite a bit more.

keep in mind that the further you deviate from stock, the more stress you put on the wheel bearings, and ours aren’t known for their durability

A few guys are running 2nd generation rims on their 4th gens which stick out quite a bit more.

keep in mind that the further you deviate from stock, the more stress you put on the wheel bearings, and ours aren’t known for their durability
So would 5mm be too much? My degrees are in theology, I am new to cars. Thanks in advance, please pardon my ignorence!

So would 5mm be too much? My degrees are in theology, I am new to cars. Thanks in advance, please pardon my ignorence!
Read the first comment I posted. Hint it is the very last sentence.

Ok now that you went and looked yes it should be fine I am running 38mm offset rims where the stock are 44mm. Thats a 6mm difference you should be fine with a 5mm offset difference.

I have searched all over the forums, can't find an answer, although I am CERTAIN it must be out there. I am looking to replace the stock wheels on my 2010 XLT Explorer (no lift, no leveling). 7.5Jx17 ET44 are the specs for OEM. 7.5x17 is no problem, the issue is the 44mm offset. How far can I deviate without getting into having an issue? have read that 5mm is ok, but wanted a little input here.
2009 Ford Explorer had 18" wheels with 44mm and 20" wheels with 35mm so that would be 9mm max from factory

Back