2010 Ford Expedition no dash lights and no start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 Ford Expedition no dash lights and no start

Nanhawk

Reaction score
City, State
Ville Platte
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Expedition xlt 4x4
I have a 2010 expedition that seems to have power to everything except dash lights and ignition. Can some one help please

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check battery voltage and fuses? Which engine?

It's just a bigger cousin to Explorers :)

The OP says it's got power to everything but the dash and ignition. Check the fuse for the dash and gages, or remove the dash to check the connection behind, and the grounds.
I think in 2010 they only came with 5.4s, they dropped 4.6 at some point.

It's just a bigger cousin to Explorers :)

The OP says it's got power to everything but the dash and ignition. Check the fuse for the dash and gages, or remove the dash to check the connection behind, and the grounds.
I think in 2010 they only came with 5.4s, they dropped 4.6 at some point.

I was sad to find out they were only offered in the 5.4 all the way up to the 3.5eb swap...... boooooo no coyote 5.0

Yep, even the newest ones - only 3.5 EcoBoost.
What if I want a simple SUV on frame with a plain v8 ?
3.5 EB scares me with all that plumbing and sensors.

If it has power to everything except dash and ignition, I doubt it's wiring. More likely a suspect key fob that isn't registering with the PATS allowing the car to start.

Check your negative battery cable connection. I've spent numerous hours and $$ just to find out that my NEG cable was making bad contact. Cheapest route first!

[QUOTcheckedorer_PL, post: 3743921, member: 74489"]It's just a bigger cousin to Explorers :)

I think in 2010 they only came with 5.4s, they dropped 4.6 at some point.[/QUOTE]
Have checkef

Have checked all fuses don't know how to check wires or fuseable links does any one know how to do this how do you check the electronic plugs

Back