2010 Limited - Swap 2nd Row Buckets for Bench 60/40 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 Limited - Swap 2nd Row Buckets for Bench 60/40

jshultz6254

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer Ltd V8
Anyone know of a bench seat 60/40 in black perforated leather that I can buy or swap for the 2nd row captain/bucket seats I now have? Mine are in excellent condition. Thanks for your help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone know of a bench seat 60/40 in black perforated leather that I can buy or swap for the 2nd row captain/bucket seats I now have? Mine are in excellent condition. Thanks for your help.

If this was camel and you were local I would be up for this swap! Just curious though how come you don't like the captains in the 2nd row?

Good luck finding someone to swap :)

It's not that I don't like them as much as the bench seat is more suitable for my use. I like to have the back area flat for cargo and travel. I don't often have passengers in the 2nd or 3rd row seats. Ironically, I prefer the camel interior but ended up with black. Thanks for the comment!

Understandable, when we test drove one with buckets we had a long think about whether they were practical for us.

Funny you mention preferring the camel interior, when we were looking it seemed as though somewhere around 2009 there was a switch from mostly camel interior over to black interiors. My wife absolutely did not want a black interior, so there were several vehicles we did not even look at it because of that.

Might try this on the Sport Trac boards as well. All the 2nd gen Adrenalin's have black leather and there is/was a desire over there (although haven't seen it posted in some time) for 2nd row buckets. Should also list your location & see what happens.

I, too, would be all over this had it been the camel interior. I'd drive to you!

I have a 60/40 that I would love to trade for 2nd row buckets.... in black leather. Sent you a Private Message.

2nd row bench was a must for us, a family of 5. We needed the ability to move all 5 of us around, with cargo area full from time to time. When we don't need some much cargo space, and/or going long distances, 1 of the girls can go back into 1 of the 2 split fold 3rd row seats, and still have some cargo space.

2nd row buckets (IMO) may be a bit more comfy (?), but I think they are more of a luxury look than anything.

To the original poster, do your 2nd row buckets fold down flat (to the same level as the 3rd row)? If so, (if you can't find a bench) could you simply remove your 2nd row center console, and have your flat cargo floor?

Back