2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin vibration | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin vibration

inuk909

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 ford explorer
Has anyone experienced a vibration while driving around 80km/hr?
I have a vibration I can feel that starts around 80km/hr. Thought it was wheel balance but ruled that out after balancing my wheels. Just wondering if it could be side axles or even the drive shaft.
Any help would be appreciated.

Mine sits alot and it vibrates like crazy for at least 20 mile on the highway until it goes away some times when driving on concrete. It doesn't seem to ever go away on blacktop . I was told the tires get flat spots from setting but I really think it is the OE Pirelli tires. Haven't liked them from the start.

Has anyone experienced a vibration while driving around 80km/hr?
I have a vibration I can feel that starts around 80km/hr. Thought it was wheel balance but ruled that out after balancing my wheels. Just wondering if it could be side axles or even the drive shaft.
Any help would be appreciated.
I purchased a 2010 sport trac adrenaline w/40k miles in 2018. After a couple of years I came to the conclusion the prior owner liked to drive in water, as I found the rear parking brake plate rusted away then ended up sequentially replacing all wheel bearing and the rear drive shaft (midshaft bearing failure). It ran for some time and I got a new noise - at first I thought it was the rear bearing but after a little time I guessed (better than mechanics??) rear half shafts. Took it to a good shop--- they said Transfer Case, took it it a good Transmission shop --they said rear half-shafts.. then changed to transfer case... anyway after replacing transfer case, differential, balancing driveline, and replacing half-shafts ($7k)- and keeping the vehicle for ~6 months.. I went to pick it up, we went on a short drive and I noted a rumble. After 500 miles the rumble is now a clear and significant vibration and a problem. Tried two shops and they both stated 'transfer case' with out looking. It is a BW 4412 transfer case with control-trac awd (basically a standard transfer case but the computer shifts on the fly if differential seen in front and real output speeds. Ask around for a realy good shop. I like a place to get the AWD vehicle in the air adequately to test and investigate.

Back