• Register Today It's free!

2010 Sport Trac engine issues...

Jrelyea

Reaction score
City, State
Douglass
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 explorer sport Trac
So a few nights ago I decided to spray my engine down with water. The engine was shut off when I sprayed it and it was pretty hot. About an hour later we left and while driving my truck started to putter. Now when i start it, it idles so rough is shakes the truck. It has no power when driving. Like I for it and it barely moves. It sounds like it's going to break down. My check engine light(which has been on) started blinking. Oh and let me add back in January we had a new transmission out in. Now just a few months later it doesn't shift like it's supposed to and the wrench light on my dash is on. Sometime told me that the band need some adjusting. I'm not sure! But I really need to get this truck running good before my mother comes to visit ( it's her truck that she have to me but still loves it). So any advice on how to fix it is greatly appreciated.

Oh now I did check the mass flow sensor to make sure it wasn't wet or anything. Checked all electrical connections asleep checked fuses. I did have to change the fuel pump fuel injectors fuse and fixed the connection from the fuse box to the battery. Radiator did have a little crack on the top but that has been there for a while( in starting to think that's how it was made)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Water will find weak points in the ignition. Could be the coil, or plug wires that are shorting out from the water. I would start by spraying the coil pack with WD40. WD stands for water displacement.

Water will find weak points in the ignition. Could be the coil, or plug wires that are shorting out from the water. I would start by spraying the coil pack with WD40. WD stands for water displacement.
Thank you I am going to try that like right now.

It didn't work to good. It almost sounds like an exhausted leak. When driving I can hear most of the gurgling noise from the exhaust.7
No good... Still running bad. Idles rough like the entire truck shakes. No power when taking off. It's sounds like it gurgling from exhaust. Someone said a cracked head gasket or cracked manifold but then they said they don't know because the ac still runs good. It just sputters idles rough and no power.

I saw a youtube video leaky/noisy ignition coils on one side of the motor that will cause issues, but here another possibility

Back