2010 Sport Trac Limited w/Mods! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 Sport Trac Limited w/Mods!

That's an issue I've been trying to fix with the HID ... I bought some of these: 6 OHM 50W 2 BULB LED LOAD EQUALIZER RESISTORS TURN SIGNAL BLINKER FIX ... but have not been able to get them to work. I talked to a local expert, and he said it's something I have to live with ... can you help me out on this, and give me some specifics? The HID bulbs I got are single hi/lows. As for the exhaust, its great, I had it done at a custom shop in Toronto called Hot Rod Scotts ... here's the link: http://www.hotrodscotts.com/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a relay harness for my HID kit so what I did with the unused socket was break the bulb crimp the leads (the rods that connect to the tungsten wire) and wired them to 2 10 ohm 25 Watt resistors in parallel which equals to a single 5 ohm 50 Watt resistor. The 6 ohm 50 Watt load might be pulling too much current or is too much of a load which is why the cpu thinks the bulb is still blown. I did the same thing to the side with the relay harness but I used wire taps instead. I'll try to take pics to show you what I did. The resistors can be bought at any electronics store such as SAYAL.

Appreciate anything more on the HID warning light fix ... specifically which wires (by colour) do I need to tap into ... pics would certainly help!

The wheels are stock 18" that come with the Limited model

Back