2010 XLT electrical issues?

Blackout2017

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Vegas, baby!
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Sport Shadow 401A
I have the "interior lights randomly coming on when the keys jiggle in the ignition" problem that a few others have talked about here. I just bought it from Car Max two weeks ago and they give 30 days to fix anything for free.

I have an appointment in a week to have the minor issues that I've found fixed, and now there's a new one that may or may not be related to the key-wiggle thing. I set the time on the radio, and a minute later the time is off. Also possibly related, I set the trip meter and I think it skipped backwards a few miles when I wasn't paying attention.

Has anyone with the ignition switch issue had similar things happen, or is it more likely completely unrelated?

Other issues being fixed (hopefully) next week:
* Paint bubbling on the seam where the left wheel wells meet the quarter panels (front and back).
* Driver's seat power control will slide the seat forward and back, and tilt forward and back, but won't raise or lower the seat. It makes a lovely grinding noise instead.
* The 12 volt power plug inside the center console does not work, but the one on the outside of the console facing forward does work.
* Missing the fuel funnel, which they will replace for free, and missing the cargo cover, which they won't replace for free.
* Rear view mirror is so loose that I can't switch between day and night functions.

So other than the paint, mirror, and missing accoutrements, I seem to have a few electrical issues. Hopefully all will be well soon. Fingers crossed.

Back