2011/2012 Anti-Lock Brake Conroller Assembly | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011/2012 Anti-Lock Brake Conroller Assembly

RBM1957

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011, Explorer Limited
I have a 2011 Explorer Limited with a bad anti-lock brake control assembly. The dealer tells me that this part for explorers with adaptive speed control is not available and they don't know if it ever will be. This part is apparently specific to the 2011 and 2012 model years. The dealer essentially told me that it can't be fixed and Ford doesn't care. Is anyone aware of any work arounds for this problem. Would it be possible to install the same part for explorers without adaptive speed control (which is available) and just not have the adaptive speed control? The dealer was extremely unhelpful and just wanted me to pay the diagnostic fee and take my truck away. Does Ford expect that people should just junk their Ford after six years?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2011 Explorer Limited with a bad anti-lock brake control assembly. The dealer tells me that this part for explorers with adaptive speed control is not available and they don't know if it ever will be. This part is apparently specific to the 2011 and 2012 model years. The dealer essentially told me that it can't be fixed and Ford doesn't care. Is anyone aware of any work arounds for this problem. Would it be possible to install the same part for explorers without adaptive speed control (which is available) and just not have the adaptive speed control? The dealer was extremely unhelpful and just wanted me to pay the diagnostic fee and take my truck away. Does Ford expect that people should just junk their Ford after six years?

You just got a bad parts guy at the dealer. The electronic portion of the unit is unavailable for the ACC vehicles, but the assembly is available (both hydraulic and electronic). Most OEMs sell separate units because there is no need to replace the whole unit when a simple electronic module can be replaced, especially vehicles that allow the electronic module to be replaced without disconnecting the hydraulic portion and having to rebleed brakes.

On an Ex there isn't any room to replace the electronic module without taking the whole assembly out so it's easier to just replace the whole unit.

DB5Z-2C405-E should be your part number.

Yes that's the part number I'm looking for. I tried to order it online and I received this email the next day:

Thank you for shopping with us for your OEM parts needs! We pride ourselves not only on our extensive in-stock supply of OEM parts and accessories but also on our ability to locate parts that we do not carry in our warehouse. Despite our best efforts, however, sometimes the demand for certain OEM parts and accessories exceeds manufacturers’ current supplies.

At this moment, your recent order of part #[DB5Z-2C405-E] is currently on national backorder with the automotive manufacturer, with no scheduled date of resupply.

To prevent any further inconvenience, we have canceled your order and will be issuing your refund within the next 24 hours.

Hopefully, we can better serve your OEM parts needs in the future!

Thank you for your business!

Perhaps try searching for the part through a used parts (recycler/wrecker) website?

I see them available on ebay.

Stuff like this is rare, but does happen from time to time. Have you called around to see if any dealers happen to have one in stock? If you have exhausted all your options to locate a new one, then used may be your only other option.

According to the parts sites, you may have a few more options to find a used one -

THIS PART FITS
Make Model Year Body & Trim Engine & Transmission
Ford Explorer 2014 Base, Limited, Sport, XLT 2.0L L4 - Gas, 3.5L V6 - Gas
Ford Explorer 2013 Base, Limited, Sport, XLT 2.0L L4 - Gas, 3.5L V6 - Gas
Ford Explorer 2012 Base, Limited, XLT 2.0L L4 - Gas, 3.5L V6 - Gas
Ford Explorer 2011 Base, Limited, XLT 3.5L V6 - Gas
Ford Police Interceptor Utility 2014 Base 3.5L V6 - Gas
Ford Police Interceptor Utility 2013 Base 3.7L V6 - Gas

Replaces: CB5Z-2C405-C, DB5Z-2C405-A, DB5Z-2C405-C

FYI - RZ Motors Inc ND has a new one in stock (DB5Z-2C405-E). They will ship.

Thanks for the input. I just ordered one from RZ Motors through EBay. I guess the next trick will be to see if I can program it with Forscan after getting it installed.

Back