2011-2015 Explorer front turn/parking lamp...is there a cool way to minimize the amber? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011-2015 Explorer front turn/parking lamp...is there a cool way to minimize the amber?

Partsman109

Legion of Doom
Reaction score
City, State
Westerly, RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 F150 SuperCrew 4x4
The amber is just to much on the front of the vehicle, I wish they offered a version with a clear lens. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to minimize the bright amber 'eyebrows' Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The amber is just to much on the front of the vehicle, I wish they offered a version with a clear lens. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to minimize the bright amber 'eyebrows' Any ideas?
The amber lights are used by some trimls in Canada as the DRL so they have to be bright enough to see in daylight. There are threads here where some members have added a dark tint to their lights, front/rear, to mimic those on the Sport. Are you amber lights ON all the time like DRLs? If so, that can be changed.

Peter

Thank you for the reply!

There’s just too much amber colored lens with them on or off.
0ED4E862-92A5-460F-B4BE-5155D8C463EC.jpeg

I don’t like tinting any exterior lamps, it’s just not good practice.
Maybe if I could find some Dark Blue Pearl vinyl (or something close) I could trim it out a little?

The PIU has more clear up front but still plenty of Amber
ord-Police-Interceptor-Utility-Regular-Car-Reviews.jpg

We had a sport in the shop yesterday and it looked just like that interceptor, like it had less amber than my wife’s blue Limited in the pic I posted...maybe because of the black?

We had a sport in the shop yesterday and it looked just like that interceptor, like it had less amber than my wife’s blue Limited in the pic I posted...maybe because of the black?
I think your blue just makes it stand out. That was my first impression when I saw the picture. My 2011 was the tri-colour platinum and I don't the amber showed that brightly.

Peter

DSC_0244a.jpg

I think you’re right...it does stand out a lot against the blue. I’m thinking some aftermarket clear headlight assemblies, or find some vinyl that matches Dark Blue Pearl and trim the amber a little bit.

Back