2011 All Ford Nationals, June 3-5 Carlisle Pa! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 All Ford Nationals, June 3-5 Carlisle Pa!

Where do you want to go wheeling for the 2011 AFN's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
I'm slacking, this thread should have been started two weeks ago :p:

Once again, it's time to start planning for the East Coast's biggest Ford event; the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle, Pa! This year we're devoting our run to the memory of John Rock, our Sport Trac moderator and friend to many who passed away in a tragic accident on February 13th. For those who have never been, we enter our Fords in the Show field for Friday and Saturday judging and then go wheeling all day Sunday. You don't have to have a highly modified truck (or cars, in Draper's case ;)) to compete in the show. In past years we almost always have an Explorer owner place in the top three of our SUV class, so I recommend a good cleaning as lots of visitors check out our rides and vote on them. We are Class #127/SUV ALL and we register under the name "Serious Explorations" (as a tribute to the site that brought us all together). You can register HERE. Pre-registration has to be submitted online by May 2nd in order to get your $10 discount. You can also register at the gate the day of the show, but the price jumps to $50.

The weather is never predictable at Carlisle: we've had rain, sun, and almost freezing temperatures in the past so pack a little of everything just in case. We have never canceled because of bad weather! I HIGHLY recommend sunblock, as I still have burn marks from a few summers ago. :eek: Bring folding chairs to park your butt on, sunglasses, and comfy sneakers since we take turns baby sitting the trucks and walking all over the show (which is humongous). Read more about all the nutty events on Carlisle's website.

As for accommodations, we have been staying with Draper's Mach 1 club at the Homewood Suites in Mechanicsville for the last few years, and hope that they will graciously tolerate our shenanigans for 2011 ;) They have a potluck gathering on Friday evening and a group dinner on Saturday night. It's expected that you bring something to contribute, such as bags of ice/beer/chips/etc, and respect the hotel & staff. We share rooms to save on costs since the Homewood charges around $160 a night. The suites are large and have two queen beds, couch, and room on the floor for sleeping bags plus a full kitchen and bathroom. If you want your own suite, PM me asap and let me know since the rooms will be booked up by mid February! Depending on where we decide to wheel on Sunday, we will either opt for Pine Grove's Comfort Inn (for Rausch Creek) or work out lodging up in Skunk's and my neck of the woods (read: crash at our place or camping). I will edit this first post once the voting concludes. EDIT: Looks like we'll be wheeling local trails in and around Freeland, Pa, zip 18224 if you want to Google it. We have plenty of room in our house as well as a garage for repairs, but if you prefer a hotel or camping then PM me and I'll send you the necessary info.

Wheeling Sunday is open to every type of build, from mild to wild, and is NOT Ford specific :) Pack accordingly, and bring recovery gear and spare parts for any WOOPS moments! For any newbs who haven't been wheeling with us before, you have nothing to fear: no one gets left behind and we all pitch in to help if something breaks. If we vote to wheel in the Freeland/Hazleton area, then you'll also have a garage and crapload of spare Explorer parts if necessary. If you do not want to risk your vehicle, there is always room to ride along.

*Whew* Posting this monster takes a lot out of me every year, lol. In all seriousness, Carlisle is a fantastic time for all. We've had attendees from as far as Canada and Washington state, and many hilarious shenanigans over the last 9 years that we've been doing this. It's a great opportunity to meet your fellow Ford lovers in person and see thousands of custom machines, then get out in the woods and see what your truck is capable of. Hope to see all of you there!!

2010:
IMG_5207.JPG

Our resident Canuck with his award last year :)
scan0001_Medium_.jpg

2009:
4425_1067257727258_1400494713_30158727_4931843_n.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

2008:
Jay dealing with his fail at Lake Christy:
jay_jump_poster_Small_.jpg

0608081600_Small_.jpg

2007:
attachment.php

2006:
DSCN0441_Small_.JPG

DSCN0453_Small_.JPG

2005:
468326_103_full.jpg

attachment.php

2004:
attachment.php

group1.jpg

benstuck.jpg

2003:
carlisle_applebees.JPG

2002:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im jealous I wanna go.

You should talk SVO and the Texas crew into saving up, then ride with them :cool:

I'm in as long as I dont lose an eye a week before...... AGAIN!

im registered already :D

i hate to say it but isnt the trip to RC like tradition at this point?

oh and linds dont forget the woman is bein a party poop and wants us to have a room of our own...
as much as id love to throw up all over someone elses bathroom and pass out on the couch again...

im registered already :D

i hate to say it but isnt the trip to RC like tradition at this point?

oh and linds dont forget the woman is bein a party poop and wants us to have a room of our own...
as much as id love to throw up all over someone elses bathroom and pass out on the couch again...

Jay, you talk about traditions... all of us gettin drunk together and havin a good time is also traditional isnt it? HA! *knows Jay is sayin "good point"*

as for wheelin, well... Freeland is cheaper (free to wheel and free accomodations), but RC is fine with me... I just know that some people are on a tight budget, and I dont want to see anyone have to back out cuz they couldn't afford the hotel or RC fees on top of the cost of the AFN's, food and BEER.

benstuck.jpg

So the rumours are true Ben did have a truck so many years ago!:p:

Heck I might try and make it this year to see what pose Tim strikes this year ;)

ya, now i go back and look at the FIRST pic that was posted :rolleyes:! ben even warned me to watch what i did cause there will always be someone with a camera to catch it. for the record, i did that for a split second!
i was going to post a pic up, but figured i didn't need lindsy wanting to kick my ass after ripping me on facebook a few months ago. lol......but this one will do! :D

Picture_0531.jpg

and NOBODY has excuses for getting there. hell if i can drive there, anyone can!!!!!

Jay, you talk about traditions... all of us gettin drunk together and havin a good time is also traditional isnt it? HA! *knows Jay is sayin "good point"*

Good point...

you know im in to wheel wherever we do. ya'll are the best freinds i got
im puttin my vote in for rausch because its really the only way i whgeel there. if we wheel freeland then we wheel freeland, either way good tie will be had

also i make no promises that i wont spend all my time in and/or pass out in someone elses room even though i will have my own...

Heck I might try and make it this year to see what pose Tim strikes this year ;)

dooo it!

i still have that vynl :D

once again this year i will be rolling into the show field first thing friday morning. If munk behaves then ill be more sociable when everyone else shows up, i know i snubbed a few ppl last year while i was overheating

are we going to have a prize for the fastest fan clutch swap this year? that still amazes me

I should be making it again this year but should be arriving in an Ex this time.

i am going to do my best to make it this year it's been way too long for me

under 10 minutes... beat that

29500_1302106398328_1400494713_30693631_4721689_n.jpg

In as usual..with 2 Mustangs and 0 Explorers....

under 10 minutes... beat that
ah forget it. you win. we will just hand you a prize cause NO ONE is going to beat that. also, bring that vynl. it might come in handy :D

ah forget it. you win. we will just hand you a prize cause NO ONE is going to beat that. also, bring that vynl. it might come in handy :D

GO ME! and everyone else that helped

LOL...how many pieces did you want your X sawed into???:D:D:D:D

depebds wich one your cutting if its the 94 then enough to get the shell in the dumpster....
but im pretty sure thats not what you meant so what i meant to say is
mr, drapper, oh wonderfull mod of ours can i have some more brats?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm planning on coming again. It was great getting to meet all you peoples last time. If I keep up the steady work, I'll have a decent truck this year. I vote for rausch, despite all the damn rocks!

Back