• Register Today It's free!

2011 Explorer oil sending unit

Michael carrol

Reaction score
City, State
Apple valley
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
Hello everyone, I have a 2013 Ford Explorer and my oil sending unit was leaking I decided to replace it and I did not have a hard time removing it. But I'm having a heckuva time re installing the sending unit . So if there are any useful tips to I am all ears . Please advise on the best way to accomplish my sending unit issue , on the best way to accomplish my sending unit replacement

check the threads / size on the new one to be sure they are the same as the old unit.

The sensor was an after market part not OEM.. I am going to buy one from the dealer .. and give it another shot .. the fit is so tight , I can barely see it. I removed the heat shield on the exhaust to try to give me a little more room. Because I'm trying to fit in the hole blind. Is there anything else I need to take off that would help me accomplish this task .. I seem to have a heckuva time finding any information on the 2011 explore sending unit removal and replacement. Thank you for your guidance it is much appreciated

Back