• Register Today It's free!

2011 Explorer XLT

jayturk99

Reaction score
City, State
Loganville. GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Hi forum, I have a blown passenger tweeter that is driving me crazy. I need help first removing the door panel and second, trying to find a tweeter that will fit. Haven't checked with the stealer yet. Any suggestions, I would rather not alter, stay with factory look. Thanks.

Hi forum, I have a blown passenger tweeter that is driving me crazy. I need help first removing the door panel and second, trying to find a tweeter that will fit. Haven't checked with the stealer yet. Any suggestions, I would rather not alter, stay with factory look. Thanks.

Hi there,

Have you tried your dealership? Another alternative is www.crutchfield.com

Good Luck
Bobby:salute:

Yes sir, i did check with the dealer, a replacement is only $26.00, not too bad. So I'm just gonna replace. I still need assistance on removing the door panel. Does it need to be removed, or can I get by with just removing that strip where the tweeter is located? Thanks.

Yes sir, i did check with the dealer, a replacement is only $26.00, not too bad. So I'm just gonna replace. I still need assistance on removing the door panel. Does it need to be removed, or can I get by with just removing that strip where the tweeter is located? Thanks.

jayturk99,

Not a bad price on the replacement. Unknown to me how the procedure is. Perhaps someone else can be of assistance and can shed more light on the subject.

Bobby:salute:

Back