• Register Today It's free!

2011 Ford Explorer Radio Upgrade

frankstv

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando. Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011, Ford Explorer XLT
Hello. Trying to upgrade my radio on my Ford Explorer XLT 2011. Some recommendations?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is your budget? What is your overall goal?

Hi Mbrooks420, I think 1,200
Rear camera, Bluetooth, Control the rear AC if it possible.

Thanks

Lots of things available in that budget. I don’t know of anything that’d control the rear AC though. Kenwood and Alpine birth make some excellent double din touchscreen decks that have rear cam inputs, and will sync navigation through your phone, as well as do hands free.

Having this installed? Do you need CD/DVD? Do you have a factory sub?

Yes. I want CD/DVD
Do you have some link to check out.
Thanks

A372E9CC-9D90-4E9D-87E4-2D6BB1EAC393.png

Apple or Android?

Are those plug and play?

Hello. Trying to upgrade my radio on my Ford Explorer XLT 2011. Some recommendations?

Thanks.
Welcome to the Forum frank.:wave:
There are a few threads on audio upgrades in the 'Modified' sub forum and they deal mostly in upgrading the speakers adding amps etc. Very few, it seems have changed the actual radio. Becoming familiar with the Forum's 'Search' feature (upper right) can be helpful.

Peter

Is that the 8” Sony radio? How many speakers do you have?

It’s 8” without Sony Radio. I have 8 speakers

Welcome to the Forum frank.:wave:
There are a few threads on audio upgrades in the 'Modified' sub forum and they deal mostly in upgrading the speakers adding amps etc. Very few, it seems have changed the actual radio. Becoming familiar with the Forum's 'Search' feature (upper right) can be helpful.

Peter

Thanks Peter

Does your radio control truck functions? Crutchfield recommends it not be changed, and shows nothing as a fit in headunit.

That’s only pertaining to the base radio, IE the 4.2” screen.

Does your radio control truck functions? Crutchfield recommends it not be changed, and shows nothing as a fit in headunit.

Yes, my radio control the rear AC. I think they don’t have a real upgrade for this truck.
(8” without Sony Radio and 8 Speaker)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don’t think either of the 8”s are commonly swapped out. Is there a feature you need that the factory radio doesn’t have?

Back